References order not being saved (1 Viewer)

HairyArse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:09
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my database in that if the 'Microsoft Active X Data Objects 2.1 Library' is higher up the references list than 'Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library' I get a mismatch error on my database connection script.

Correcting the sort order resolves this, however, there are two machines within my network that inexplicably always seem to revert to the incorrect ordering.

I am using Access 2010 and the machines are running Windows 7 connected to Windows Server 2003.

Is this likely to be an Access issue or a Windows Server profile issue? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this change 'stick' as it were.

What's doubly frustrating is that I fixed this just fine for the 13 other people on my network.

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:09
both ADO and DAO libraries have some of the same function names - and if it is not clear which one you want, then access uses the first reference

so if you try set rst=db.openrecordset, you are problably getting the wrong one (the ADO one), hence the error

1.you could declare all the useages fully

dim rst as dao.recordset, which avoids ambiguity.

2. do you really need the ADO reference at all? Getting rid of that reference should resolve the issue completely.

3. however, moving the DAO reference "should" stick, so it is worth checking that again carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom