"Remove Layout" active, not active (1 Viewer)

CharlesHenry

Local time
Today, 06:30
In one database I created one form, simple form; I used ctrl A to select all fields, clicked Arrange, "Remove Labels" was active, I clicked it, it worked, etc.

Now I am in a new database, created a simple form, used ctrl A, selected all fields, clicked Arrange, found "Remove Labels" grayed out.

Why? How can I fix it? Why was it not grayed in other form?

(I read a message that said we have to click "Tabular" or "Stacked" for it to appear, which I did in the second form and it worked, but that is not the layout I want....and I did not have to hit tabular or stacked in the first database/form....is it a matter of ACCESS 2013 vs 2016 or something else I might not be aware of...maybe the first database was in an older version of Access and I didn't notice..?)

Any suggestions appreciated!!
Charles:banghead:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:30
I tried to duplicate your symptoms in Access 2013 and I only get them when there is no layout. For example if I select a table, Click Form in the the CREATE tab, switch to Design View, click on the ARRANGE tab, select all with ctrl Al, the Remove Layout is enabled. If I then click Remove Layout it becomes disabled (grayed out) and only returns if I click Stacked or Tabular.

In your case when Remove Layout is disabled is there any layout? What are the steps you took that got you in the situation you describe?

CharlesHenry

Local time
Thanks, yes there is an apparent layout. The steps I took are that I was given a database with three tables and told to add a form. I use the form wizard and selected the designated fields and options, which are basic and simple, to grab data from two of the tables for use in the form. The wizard created the form and subform. Next step in my instructions and to remove layout, using steps in a previous assignment. The steps in the previous assignment were to click in the form, select ctrl A, select Remove Layout, which worked in that form, without problems. I had created that form, also, only not using the form wizard. I will try not using the form wizard...and update. I appreciate your help!!!

CharlesHenry

Local time
OK, I did not have the same problem when I did not use the Form Wizard. Lesson Learned: If you use form wizard you will have difficulty with "Remove Layout."
Thank you for your help, the question and your response info help build skills, so even when I don't get an "easy answer" I am building knowledge and skills from what you asked, so thank you and please know you are appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom