access forms events not working (1 Viewer)

mdelghandy

Local time
Today, 14:09
I have a blank form in Access. Form events do not work when opening the form. For example, I wrote a code (msgbox) in the double click event, but it doesn't work. Meanwhile, macro access is also active.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Might be an idea to post a bit more information.

What if you made a small MS Access App so that we can test it .....

I would have thought a message box would have worked, but it might depend on how you are calling it.

Extract from my website:-
Now you could be forgiven for expecting that a value passed into a form would be available for the form’s events to use. However it’s not!

See my website below for more information:-

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Is that the only event that isn't working?
Is the event property set to [Event Procedure]

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
crosspost
lots of questions asked and suggestions made here

Last edited:

mdelghandy

Local time
Most form events do not work. For example, I want the user to get a message by double-clicking in the middle of the form. I write the code in the double-click event section of the form, but when I open the form, it does not react to the double-click event

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:09
If you create a Form event it will never fire in the middle of the form. Needs to be a section level event. Ensure it is a Detail level event.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Most form events do not work. For example, I want the user to get a message by double-clicking in the middle of the form. I write the code in the double-click event section of the form, but when I open the form, it does not react to the double-click event
Not all form level events will fire if there are controls that have the focus. double-click is likely one of them.

If you want people to test your code, you need to post a database that includes the code that "doesn't work.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
See the op’s other thread (see link in post#4) for an image of the form- either the form has no controls or recordset is returning no records and is not allowing additions

I suspect the former

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I responded to his other thread and pointed out that starting multiple threads on the same topic is unlikely to do anything except annoy experts for wasting their time.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Given the lack of response from the OP other than to repeat the question, I suspect this is all going nowhere fast.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Fo my DC event for the form to work, I had to DC on the record indicator?
1702123338137.png

Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
MsgBox "Double Click event"
End Sub

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
One problem. If you have a form with a non updateable query, and there are no records to display, you might find that lots of controls don't work as you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom