Removing Duplicate Records (1 Viewer)

Zippyfrog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
Hi - I am trying to remove duplicate rows in a report. The thing is that the row itself isn't truly a duplicate. What I have here is a report on how a student did on a math test. I want to create a report that lists out all the skills that were missed. Each question is tied to a specific skill, so behind the scenes the table has a separate row for each question the student got wrong. What I want to have is for the 4 visible fields, if the first visible field is the same (in this case, the column "Areas Proficiency Not Demonstrated") then the rest of the rows with the same detail is suppressed. I tried the Hide Duplicates property but all it does is hide the words - there is a bunch of extra space and rows aren't compressed.

This actually works great if I do a grouping by the Skill field (the field for the Areas of Proficiency Not Demonstrated), but the other piece I have to do is only list the top 15 records per student, so that is why I need to have this information on the detail section as opposed to another grouping field or else the VBA for counting the records then hiding the rest doesn't work properly.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 330

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:51
...trying to remove duplicate rows in a report. The thing is that the row itself isn't truly a duplicate.

I suggest you post a copy of your database. Need more info on your table structures and requirement.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:51
set Hide Duplicate to Yes, for that textbox on Design view of your report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom