Repair Damaged Access 97 File (1 Viewer)

BruceFrey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
Hello Everyone

I'm a new member and unfortunately joined out of necessity. This afternoon I performed a Repair Database command in Access97. When I went to perform the Compact operation I got the following error:
"The MS Jet database engine could not find the object "Databases". Make sure the oject exists and you spell its name correctly." Unfortunately, I cannot open the file now.

I reloaded a back-up and when I tried the operation again I got the same results. I can use it without doing the Repair & Compact but clearly something is wrong. I have an afterschool program with 150 kids registered and I store all the data here.

Can anyone give me some suggestions ASAP?

Sincerely
Bruce Frey
Teacher

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
I just repaired an Access 2002 mdb which corrupted. Repairing and compacting did no good. Copying the mdb to a new mdb likewise did no good. Unfortunately the mdb had a couple thousand objects; therefore it was difficult to isolate the object(s) which were corrupt.

I identified the corrupt objects by exporting all mdb objects to a new mdb on an object by object basis with the Transferdatabase method VBA code. Corrupt objects would not export on were trapped on error.

The corrupted objects were then imported into the new mdb from a backup mdb.

The moral to the story is to backup regularly and compile your mdb regularly to be certain there are not compilation errors which sometimes creep into code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom