Replication (1 Viewer)

kwbonin

Local time
Today, 13:44
I have an Access database I have taken over. When I opened the database I noticed that the majority of the files are replicated. I can't get into design mode on any forms, or reports at all. The options are grayed out in the menu. How can I get around this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Keith Bonin

JustMaybe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
sounds like you neeed to find out a bit more about who held the original administrator rights

JonH

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:44
Do you have and mde file or an mdb file? If you have an mde file then you need to obtain the mdb that created the mde as I don't think there is a way to amend forms in an mde.

JonH.

kwbonin

Local time
Today, 13:44
Database Replication

I know who had the original admin rights, and he was clueless.

The file is an mdb file not the mde file. I knew I would not be able to get what I needed from the mde file.

I did finally figure out what happened. I had the network admin restore the backup for the night before. He did restore the correct file. What I needed to do was to go to replication and restore the Design Master. Then I needed to point all of the (unfortunately) hard coded paths, back to my hard drive. This allows me to be able to work on the database in development without affecting the users. Once I am done with the changes, I will change the paths back to what they should be, and run the replication. This will update the network copy and everyone will be up to date.

******Another Issue******
Please look at the attachment I have included in this reply. I am getting this error when I try to Find and Replace items in the VB Editor. Have you seen this before?
******Another Issue******

Thanks to both of you for the replies so far. All help is appreciated.

Have a great day!

KWB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom