report footer location problem (1 Viewer)

leemansiuk

Local time
Today, 18:59
hi all,

i am quite new to access and have come stuck on quite a simple problem (i think). i have created a report which list items from an orders table etc..

as the report could grow (listing lots of items from an order), i want only the last page of the report to display a message, i.e. Regards, and a space for a signature.

I tried using the report footer and put my message there with signature, etc.. but when the report goes over one page the info i place in the footer is not at the bottom of the last page. sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the top (depending on the size of the order list, pushing the report footer down)

is there a way to make the report footer stick to the bottom of the page? depending on the size of my order the report could be 1 to say 3 pages long.

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
in the page footer make sure you have the page number set
Create a text box with the following as its data source
="Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages]

Create another text box and set its data source to
=IIf([Page]=[Pages],"Regards - Joe Blogs ","")

if the page is number 2 and number of pages is 2 the field will be output
if the page is number 2 and number of pages is 3 the field will not be output

leemansiuk

Local time
thats great thanks for that.

i can get the 'regards' message to come up, as you suggested. I still have a problem tho. maybe i didnt explain too well.

the actual height of the footer is 5cm as it includes a box for an authorised stamp. with this box i have the regards message. So my problem now is to get the entire box and message to display at the bottom of the last page.

any ideas?

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
If you create an unbound text box in the page footer (to replace the current box)

Select the box and then format, conditional format

Select Expression is (from the condition 1 drop down list in the field next to it
type [page]=[pages]
then select the paint can and selct a light colour then select ok

The default colour will be white (this you can change if you want changing the default Formatting in the section above the condition you have just set)

On the last page the box will appear in the colour you have selected

Or Right click in the page footer select properties , event , on format and type the following

If [Page] = [Pages] Then
yourtextbox.BorderColor = 255
End If

(255 = Red)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom