report object stacking print preview (1 Viewer)

benh76135

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:24
I got the design awhile back from someones demo for access 2000 I believe. I've managed to re-program it a lot to get what i wanted, all I'm missing is this small appearance problem.

Does anyone know how to order objects to stack in vba.

I have the grey bars sent to back in design view. They represent the hours of the day that are before work, 1st break , lunch, 2nd break, and after hours.

the grey bars are just rectangles for looks, the events are placed with the on open event when i load the print preview. As shown in picture some of the data stacks correctly, while other data does not.

Attachments

• schedule pic.jpg
    schedule pic.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 76

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:24
I looked at this question when you first posted it. I wasn't sure what you meant, I thought someone else might. Seeing as no one has responded it might be a good idea for you to provide more information.

benh76135

Registered User.
Local time
I really didn't expect a reply because i have not found anything searching for this problem. The report in print preview seems to just order stuff how it wants to. half of the bars are stacked correctly behind, and half are stacked incorrectly on top. All the grey should be a background ruler i guess you could call it.

I still cant figure out where i got the original idea from. Its a really nice way of stacking several records at once. I had to hack it up a lot because it was in a year schedule. It works just needs to look better for the guys to read easy and quick.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 14:24
Could you post a sample database, (zip it), and please mark the part which look correct?

benh76135

Registered User.
Local time
Sure thing, I rebuilt it into a simple file. 2 tables to store the data, a query that consolidates it and adds a field for the label on the report, a form for entering and editing the data > i actually use other forms to automatically enter data and this form is for adjusting the report < , and two reports one for the current week and one for next week. The report are based on the current date as well so in a couple days the data would have to be altered to show up again.

my problem is just a "looks issue" ... when you open the reports some of the jobs will be behind the grey background bars and should not be

the grey background bars once completely located correct will the the times of the day we are not working to give the employees a representation of when they have to start jobs ect..

side note I will make the employees names a different color and the job boxes should have an outline the same color, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

i appreciate the help, the overlapping background is driving me crazy, but otherwise this thing is working nice

Attachments

• schedule example.zip
    57 KB · Views: 66

benh76135

Registered User.
Local time
I found the problem ,,, or a solution which ever you want to call it. I wish it was a lot more amazing but. i swapped the location of two fields . So very dumb I didn't realize this out 4 working hours ago. here is the fixed sample

Attachments

• schedule example (2).zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 74

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 14:24
Good you got the problem solved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom