Report Table based on number of Records (1 Viewer)

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:18
HI,

I have a database that will be used to generate quotation for the business that I am working for. I would like to run a report for the final Quotation with their respective fields. Within one Quotation Number there could be Parts Or Assemblies, Or both. Currently the database generated a report for each part or assembly within one Quote. I would like to have all related Parts And/or Assemblies in the report.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. If there is any additional needed information please let me know.

Regards,

Conner Owen

Ranman256

Local time
You need a query that pulls all the parts/assemplies for the Quote.
So it will have all the fields for the Quote and all fields from parts/assembly.

The report will have bands for sorting parts.

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
I have that Query and each report currently only has one of the parts/assemblies. What do you mean by bands?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:18
Parts and Assemblies are separate tables right?

If you want a mix of Parts and Assemblies in the one report then you will need to use a Union Query to combine both parts and assemblies.

If on the other hand, you want the Parts and Assemblies in the same report but you want them segregated or sectioned off, then you need subreports for each.

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
thank you VB. I am looking into subreports currently, however I will also look into the union Query.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
With the Union Query, you will be able to Group By certain fields where the records are a mix of assemblies and parts. As for the subreports, you can also apply a grouping but it will affect the parts subreport or the assemblies subreport individually. So it all depends on what you want to achieve.

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think grouping is that important. what I really need is within the report for the whole quotation show each part and assembly is a list/table format with a few additional fields.

Part number: ____________ Description: ___________ Price Per Unit: _________

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I was just telling you one of the pros of using the Union Query, there are also cons. Both methods produce different results so give them a try and let us know.

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
will do. I am having a little trouble with the actual report and the things that remain constant for each quote. but I am also having to make assumptions because my boss will not tell me exactly what he wants. I have decided to provide him with something that I can accomplish as an Access novice and if he wants more he will have to spend the money on a professional.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
He's spending money already isn't he? ;) Create a report that you think is suitable, then take a print out to him for approval. Make sure anything you do is signed off by him so that he doesn't have anything against you in the end.

connerlowen

Registered User.
Local time
He is spending a little money already, but nowhere as much as he would on a professional for a job like this or even better, an existing system through a third party. He knows that I am new at this, however he underestimates the difficulty of what he wants. The fact that he continues to make changes is making my job impossible within the time frame.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Try and anticipate the changes and be prepared for it, but don't do anything more than he's asked for. Extra work doesn't give you extra points. You can of course propose extra functionality that you believe would be beneficial, that way he says that you're proactively seeking to improve the system. Also get him a list of requirements, get him to sign it off and explain to him that those requirements should be final until the next development cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom