How do you know how many you have??

Click on the scales on one of your own posts. :cool:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 14:54
MrsGorilla said:
Click on the scales on one of your own posts. :cool:

Thanks, it is also under your User CP, at the bottom of the page. Can also see comments if there were any left.

I have 10 points. :D

R

Rich

Some idiot here likes Jon (I'll punch yer lights out, two Jags Jonny)Prescott :eek: :mad: :mad:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:54
I was VERY curious how someone with only 1 post had the same as [someone with] 10k post.
it seems this is about us creating reputations. as was said before, 10K posts says nothing about the quality of the posts, so i guess we have to start from scratch.

ps. when you click to add rep, you can choose to approve or disapprove with the post (or sim). can we subtract points? doubt it. maybe it just allows us to make a comment without actually adding points??

pss. what is a ToS violator?

ppss. also, when you're finished on the rep page, you're not sent back to the page you were on. :(

Last edited:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:54
wazz said:
pss. what is a ToS violator?
Terms of Service. People who violate the rules they implicitly agreed to abide by when posting here.

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
Hi,

I use a few sites with this facility and i don't particularly like it. I've seen a number of flame wars start simply because two people posted the same solution to a problem at the same time and only one was accredited with points. I've seen people copy replies verbatim from early posts to get points rather than refer them to the original thread and I've also seen a few of the more prominent users get points from sycophantic individuals for simply posting a reply even when it was dross. TBH this site doesn't really seem to suffer from the worst of these internet personality types but i wonder whether the personality type developed before or after the points system arrived?

If you don't mind i'll show my appreciation with a reply to that affect NOI.

TS

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
I too am "off the scale" with 10 points. It makes no sense, how did I start with 10 points considering the rubbish I post?:confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
BarryMK said:
I too am "off the scale" with 10 points. It makes no sense, how did I start with 10 points considering the rubbish I post?:confused:
Ditto. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
BarryMK said:

Maybe people approve of the rubbish you post :p I don't really understand it either to be honest :confused:

Hay

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:54
Perhaps we should request another forum be added, calling it the Rubbish Bin, where the worse your reputation, the better.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
pono1 said:
Perhaps we should request another forum be added, calling it the Rubbish Bin, where the worse your reputation, the better.
Isn't that the Politics and Current Events forum? :confused: :p

selenau837

Local time
Wow, I am down to 8 points.

Apparently someone gave me bad reviews. I have to red squares and 1 green.

:p

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:54
What does a grey box do? on your Reputations mean

selenau837

Local time
alastair69 said:
What does a grey box do? on your Reputations mean

Don't know. I am assuming green means agree and red means disagree...and apparently someone disagreed with my job title, since that is where I got the disagreement on.

Hey, not like I am happy here. I am going to school ya know. DUH!! Teehee....but hey at least someone took the time to click that make a decision. So, in that I feel honored. :cool:

KenHigg

Local time
Sorry, This was just too funny:

selenau837

Local time
KenHigg said:
Sorry, This was just too funny:

You know that can be taken in so many ways, and I won't go there!!! :eek: :eek:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Maybe people approve of the rubbish you post :p I don't really understand it either to be honest :confused:

Hay

You mean I'm not alone Hay? Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom