Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:39
What are his assets?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:39
I'm a little skeptical of attorneys who sue estates that dont have assets.

https://mn.gov/law-library-stat/archive/supct/2017/ORA171190-100917.pdf
What are his assets?
I suspect that this is a preemptive lawsuit. The lawyers smell easy blood money.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
His parents/family are now millionaires due to this: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dauntewright

Since Daunte is no longer with us, can they actually go for the parents money, since he is a separate entity to his parents?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That was what I was thinking.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:39
While he was a minor, yes. Once he's an adult, no. The money they have is untouchable from suits against HIS estate unless it can be shown that it came to the parents by inheritance from his estate. (I.e. the act of inheritance would have been premature since debts against the estate hadn't been settled yet.) But that would be a pretty convoluted argument in this case, I think.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The smoking gun is the person left in a vegetative state. Then again, it could be a complete coincidence that he has 3 independent lawsuits of using a gun against other people. :unsure:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Minneapolis.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 15:39
LOL. all I had to do was look at the damn title of the thread Jon! yeah, I'm having a great day over here!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
You were thinking of that kid who got shot while running away and throwing away his gun.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:39
You were thinking of that kid who got shot while running away and throwing away his gun.
re: "while running away and throwing away his gun".

At the time the police officer pulled his trigger, it appeared that the suspect was turning around with gun in hand.
In the words even of the liberal media reporting on the issue, approximately one second elapsed in between the time it looked like the suspect was turning towards the officer with gun in hand (the time his brain decided to pull the trigger), and the time it became clearer in video that he had dropped or thrown away the gun.

One second. The brain had already told the hand to pull the trigger. Does anyone expect his brain-body combination to completely reverse that decision based on new information in a single second of time?

Where has our common sense gone? I'd be much more interested in the parents whose 12 year old was running around shooting people in the dead of night.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom