Solved Run-time error '3031': Not a valid password (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:13
Alright, thanks for the quick reply. Now I know why it cant save my data. 😀
What can't save your data? Data should be stored in the BE, not the FE, which is what I thought we were talking about here.

poh99

Local time
Today, 18:13
Sorry, what I meant was I added auto datetime (i set as not visible) and I recreate my backend. But I did not recreate the accde so my backend did not save the datetime

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:13
You need to save your existing accdb, and create a new accde
You really want to have a virgin unused copy of the accdb, in the event of any problems. You don't want to be trying to reuse the accdb and find it's corrupt.

I save multiple archive versions of databases so I can go back to an earlier version if necessary. maybe to recover code that was deleted in error.
mydbs_v1.1.accdb
mydbs_v1.2.accdb
mydbs_v1.3.accdb

poh99

Local time
Today, 18:13
You need to save your existing accdb, and create a new accde
You really want to have a virgin unused copy of the accdb, in the event of any problems. You don't want to be trying to reuse the accdb and find it's corrupt.

I save multiple archive versions of databases so I can go back to an earlier version if necessary. maybe to recover code that was deleted in error.
mydbs_v1.1.accdb
mydbs_v1.2.accdb
mydbs_v1.3.accdb
Thank you for the advice

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:13
I don't believe there was any corruption
The problem was just that you hadn't saved the BE password when you created the link

Below are the results of a query on the MSysObjects system table before & after I relinked the table

The query SQL is
Code:
SELECT Name, Type, Flags, Connect, Database
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE Database Is Not Null;

1633270999535.png

The Connect field is used to store the connection details - type of file (MSAccess) & password (123)
However it was blank in the file you uploaded so clicking the linked table originally gave the 'not a valid password' error message.

EDIT: Obscured the Database path at the request of the OP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom