Runtime error '3464': Data type mismatch in criteria expression (1 Viewer)

mamradzelvy

Local time
Today, 11:56
Hi,
I'm getting said error when trying to navigate to a record within a form based on matching dates, i don't understand why though, as I have the date format displaying the same way on both forms and same for the table where the records are saved.
Any tips?

Code:
Private Sub lstInventory_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
    DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "TabDate = '" & Me.lstInventory & "'"
End Sub

This is the code that's giving me errors, the lstInvetory has got it's date from my db via SQL
Code:
SELECT Tabule1.TabKlient, Tabule1.TabOsoba, Tabule1.TabItem, Tabule1.TabQty, Tabule1.TabNote, Tabule1.TabAddedBy, Tabule1.TabDate, Tabule1.TabStatus
FROM Tabule1;
where the date column (TabDate) has it's format property set to General Date.
The text box on th go-to form which i want to open to a specific record, has it's format property set to General Date.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:56
Try:
DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "TabDate = #" & Me.lstInventory & "#"

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:56
the TabDate is on 7th column.
Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "TabDate = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"
End Sub

mamradzelvy

Local time
the TabDate is on 7th column.
Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "TabDate = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"
End Sub
This didn't work either, also error 3075 "TabDate =#04.28.2020." which is not my format anyway as I'm European, so i swapped it around to "dd/mm/yyyy" which results in the same error, i tried adding "dd/mm/yyyy hh/nn/ss" but it still results in the same error, only now it displays #full date with time

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
What kind of data is in "TabDate". Just the date or time as well.

mamradzelvy

Local time
What kind of data is in "TabDate". Just the date or time as well.
Format : General Date
Default Value: Now()
Date type: Date and Time

(these are my guesses on the translation, my access client is in my native language)

arnelgp

Local time
is it true , you're date field has time value?

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

mamradzelvy

Local time
is it true , you're date field has time value?

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"
yes it's true, this again results in a 3075: "DateValue(TabDate) = #04.28.2020."
even if i swap dd for mm

mamradzelvy

Local time
I just realized that when going with these commands you guys provided me, i get the output of time in 13.13.13 format, though everywhere else the time is saved as 13:13:13, might be the problem?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You are missing the closing # - remove all the ambiguity access will accept this format anywhere as far as I'm aware

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"

The DateValue at the beginning removes the time element for the comparison.

arnelgp

Local time
its a string... the value in Column 7?

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(CDate(Me.lstInventory.Column(6)),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

mamradzelvy

Local time
You are missing the closing # - remove all the ambiguity access will accept this format anywhere as far as I'm aware

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(Me.lstInventory.Column(6),"yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"

The DateValue at the beginning removes the time element for the comparison.
althought i don't understand the slightest what diference you made, i suppose it's the dashes instead of the slashes, this doesn't result in an error, however, it only is able to select the first entry of the day, so i need the time value as well i think

mamradzelvy

Local time
its a string... the value in Column 7?

"DateValue(TabDate) = #" & Format(CDate(Me.lstInventory.Column(6)),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"
to be honest I'm not sure i know how to answer this, but to my knowledge it wouldn't be a string as it's a "Now()" property in the column, so i guess it's just date/time type data, sorry, I'm quite new to access or vba in general.

onur_can

Local time
Today, 02:56
Give the default value as a date, not as now, If you also want to keep the time information open the time field and assign it the default value as time.

arnelgp

Local time
it's definitely a string. you can try in immediate window:

m="28.04.2020 13:13:13"

using: Format(m ,"mm/dd/yyyy")
result: 28.04.2020 13:13:13

it does not add the two "/", therefore it is a string.

use the formula in post #13, and see what will happen.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Give the default value as a date, not as now, If you also want to keep the time information open the time field and assign it the default value as time.
This can be a really bad idea if you are trying to compare dates and times that might span more than one day. It's generally much better to have the entire datetime information in one field.

mamradzelvy

Local time
Guys i just scrapped the idea of opening via date altogether as it was too complicated for no good reason.
I have been trying now for well over an hour to make it open via the "ID" column and finally succeeded by going back to the original code i used to open links from listboxes and managed to make it work thanks to @Minty , however i had to reverse back from:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "ID = '" & Me.lstInventory & "'"

To:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "ID LIKE '" & Me.lstInventory.Column(8) & "'"

and in the end it was switching = for LIKE that did the trick, and i have absolutely no clue why that has worked and = didn't-could anybody please shed some light onto this for me?

it's confusing especially because i use an identical form and almost identical table for inventory and there the first code works flawlessly....

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Is your ID a number field, if it is then try

DoCmd.OpenForm "formEditTabule", , , "ID = " & Me.lstInventory.Column(8)

This is because like will compare a number to a string but = won't, in fact I'm surprised you don't get a type mismatch error.

By the way, please rename the ID field to InventoryID or something more meaningful, later on, you will have 26 different ID fields in a query and no idea which one you are referring to. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom