Rush Limbaugh Has Died (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:22

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday morning at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.
Limbaugh is considered one of the most influential media figures in American history and has played a consequential role in conservative politics since "The Rush Limbaugh Show" began in 1988. Perched behind his Golden EIB (Excellence in Broadcasting) Microphone, Limbaugh spent over three decades as arguably both the most beloved and polarizing person in American media.

For those of you outside of the Unites States who may not be familiar with him:
... was an American radio personality, conservative political commentator, author, and television show host. He was best known as the host of his radio show The Rush Limbaugh Show, which has been in national syndication on AM and FM radio stations. (From Wikipedia)

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:22
1613699843772.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Disheartening. I purposely avoided referencing the negative comments from those on the "left".

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:22
I considered him to be over-the-top at times, but he made it clear that he was engaging in "politically oriented entertainment radio" many times. Some of the "bombastic one's" commentary was intentionally overkill. Because his shows involved intentional exaggeration, it was hard for me to be sure of his real political stance other than that he certainly was NOT leftist. For that reason, I can't say I was a fan.

He knew he was on a short schedule. Stage IV lung cancer does that. Looks like those stogies finally got to him.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
He did have a unique point of view. I wonder if the ugly people celebrating his passing realize how small they look? Why would a human being rejoice in the death of another? It frightens me, these people are so evil.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I read a short list (8-10 items) that CNN considered to be his "worst" comments, apparently.
I'd say at least 6 of the items on the list made perfect sense to me, even if they were "ugly" truths to say out loud.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If you remove the politics for a moment and look at what Rush accomplished in his lifetime it's truly amazing. Syndication on 600 radio stations alone is staggering. The void he leaves is so huge, to fill these empty time slots with quality conservative voices will take years if ever.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I very rarely listened to him since I was not out and about during his broadcast most days. So, I might have heard him occasionally but not regularly. I agree though. He is leaving a huge void.
CNN considered to be his "worst" comments, apparently.
He did say some outrageous things but I wasn't talking about what he said. I was talking about the people who wished him dead. How evil do you have to be to be happy when someone who you don't even know and who has never hurt you dies? That is pure hate. Think of that kind of evil. And what kind of society cheers these people on with "likes"?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom