search combobox (1 Viewer)

emcf

Local time
Today, 00:15
Hi Folks

It's been a while since I've been on here (and since I've done access work).

I have a new database and on the main form i have a combobox that searches company names and then displays the relevant record. This works fine (although I would like to hone the recordset so that the form only displays the three records associated with that company rather than just going to the first record relating to the company - currently working on that but any suggestions/ pointers welcome :)).

I created another combobox search to search on project name. Again this works fine BUT not every record has a project name. As a result the combobox list has a lot of blanks in it......how do I get it so that the combobox does not display null values?

thanks in advance

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
If you go into design view on your form and select the combo box (Project) you need to look at the Row source then use the elipses button on the right go into the query and I would group the lists so you only see 1 if there are multiples and then below set the criteria to Is Not Null.

Regarding the first part of your questions to show all three records, you may want to look at subforms with a datasheet view.

Last edited:

emcf

Local time
thanks Trevor, I'll have a play about using your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom