Solved Security Risk Microsoft has blocked..... (1 Viewer)

vanzie

Local time
Today, 09:48
Hi everyone.

To avoid duplicate thread, please direct similar solved post.

I am running Windows 11 on a administered network. The front end and back end file is on th same share drive but back end is password protected and since many users are utilizing the FE, the BE is linked through network path and not assigned network drive letter.

Some computers allows the databse to run, but some don't, like my laptop. When I open the FE, the Security Risk banner pops up stating Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of the file is untrusted.

I have lowered the internet settings to allow the source as trusted...does not work. I have set every folder on the share drive as trusted via Trust Center....does not work. Is there any other possible way to bypass or accept the database file as trusted?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:48
right click on the db and on it's property, Unblock it.
internet setting has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:

vanzie

Local time
right click on the db and on it's property, Unblock it.
There is no such option. I've just set up the share drive on another employee's PC and started the database. It gave me the same error but showed me the message bar to Enable Content and added to file as Trusted. No problem whatsoever.

I've relinked all tables to the back end file and removed all Macros and replaced them with VBA. Still the same issue

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:48
In some cases Microsoft doesn't allow a network path to be added to trusted location. I don't know why and when, but I've seen it several times.
Some of my PCs can set a network path to trusted locations, some can not.
You have to save the FE in a local path in your PC and add the folder to trusted location. You will never see that message.
But
If the FE is in a local path and the folder is not set as trusted location, the button @arnelgp explained will be shown

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:48
There is no such option. I've just set up the share drive on another employee's PC and started the database.
did you Split your db. If you are using "share" backend, surely you must split it and all users has their own FE.

vanzie

Local time
In some cases Microsoft doesn't allow a network path to be added to trusted location. I don't know why and when, but I've seen it several times.
You have to save the FE in a local path in your PC and add the folder to trusted location. You will never see that message.
But
If the FE is in a local path and the folder is not set as trusted location, the button @arnelgp explained will be shown
The local path seems to work on my PC. The reason why I don't want to distribute the FE locally is because they always tend to forget or they intend to mess things up and on a daily basis help to recover their files.

But if it has to be done, it has to be done. So far had no problems using one FE on the network drive.

Thanks for the assistance.

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe it depends on the specified type of network of your NIC (public, private, domain)?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:48
I think KitaYama is referring to this

trust.png

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, but maybe this first option is disabled on some of his PCs because of the network settings.
Maybe there is a rule to not allow this on public networks.
It's just an idea.

KitaYama

Local time
Maybe it depends on the specified type of network of your NIC (public, private, domain)?
It's a the network on the same domain. All PCs are clients of a windows domain. All on windows 10. All the same version Microsoft 356.

KitaYama

Local time
I think KitaYama is referring to this

View attachment 113497
I've already tried that. Even selecting that, browsing to a network path, and selecting a folder, Access warns me that the folder can not be trusted.
I had a thread on this somewhere and it never solved.
If you google it, you'll see a lot of those who have faced the same error.

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
It's a the network on the same domain. All PCs are clients of a windows domain. All on windows 10. All the same version Microsoft 356.
Should be I would say. I've seen misconfiguration in Windows caused by whatsoever, where the domain status of the network was gone.

KitaYama

Local time
Should be I would say. I've seen misconfiguration in Windows caused by whatsoever, where the domain status of the network was gone.
As I said I really don't know what's happening behind the curtain. Maybe you are correct. But even you are guessing:
"Maybe it depends on...."

Microsoft doesn't say anything about this and if you google it you'll see how many people are facing this problem.
one is here:

Last edited:

AHeyne

Registered User.
Local time
Of course, this is just a guess. But I've learned to think a little more broadly when troubleshooting when you're stuck. ;-)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:48
Just for reference purposes, "Mark of the web"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom