Solved Send message to specific user in access multi user based system (1 Viewer)

Ihk

Local time
Today, 08:27
I have multiuser access database system, with following highlights.
- separate Front end + back end (on network)
- more than 30 users.
- Different user roles, 3 types.
- Use tempvars on each form to records user ID for activity.

What I need: how to send message to specific user (as private)? especially by Admin to any of the user.
There are two ideas for message types.

Upon login, user should receive a notice as popup.

OPTION#1
Notice type of Message ---- Just pop up message box (vbOkonly) type, ---- user will read it click okay,
-- then it will be marked as read in database and
---this will not appear to that user again

OPTION#2
Message will appear to receiver as pop up form. User click okay or close, then it will be marked as read in the message table.
here also possible, user can open the list of his/her old messages in future as well.

Option #1 looks more fancy to me, but However dont know how to implement.
in both cases, dont know how to fix it with specific user and the other user will not read other's message.

I have attached my DEMO database, Please help me out in that demo database. thanks in advance.
Attached Database detail.
Three different users IDs (A, B, C), and password is "1"
User ID = Password
A = 1
B = 1
C = 1
Main page, Message sending form, message receiving form.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• DEMO database for Message.accdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 499

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:27
Hi. Sorry can't look at your file right now. How do you identify each user? Do you use their network login/username? Just curious...

Ihk

Local time
Hi. Sorry can't look at your file right now. How do you identify each user? Do you use their network login/username? Just curious...
Hi, Users 1st register themselves and then their logins are identified Row source recrod set and then in the forms on Tempvars based. whenever you have time please have a look on my file, tomorrow or day after. (Just forgot to add send button on Message Sending form" but any ways it will work on closing (It will ask to do so)................. Please have a look at your ease. thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:27
Hi, Users 1st register themselves and then their logins are identified Row source recrod set and then in the forms on Tempvars based. whenever you have time please have a look on my file, tomorrow or day after. (Just forgot to add send button on Message Sending form" but any ways it will work on closing (It will ask to do so)................. Please have a look at your ease. thanks
Hi. Thanks for the additional information. I will let you know when I get a chance to look at your file. Cheers!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:27
this is very basic, the message is on the opening of the db.
there are no timer to frequently check for new messages.

Attachments

• DEMO database for Message.zip
    122.4 KB · Views: 622
Reactions: Ihk

Ihk

Local time
this is very basic, the message is on the opening of the db.
there are no timer to frequently check for new messages.
wonderful, This is what I exactly wanted. I am very thankful you, for your efforts. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom