Sending multiple versions of report by email (1 Viewer)

Swampmeister

Local time
Today, 23:11
I currently have a report for Debtors that lists everyone currently owing money. The report is based on qryDebtors and contains many Customers and details of each of their unpaid invoices. The date range to be applied is selected from a general form frmSales.

The report has so far been printed with individual companies' pages being extracted and sent to them by snail mail. Some customers now want their reports emailed. I can do this one by one but I'd like to mark all customers who have requested emails and generate their reports with one button press.

I've grappled with creating a recordset for a new qryDebtorsRequestingEmail but so far unsuccessfully. Maybe someone has been down this route before?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
This question is asked time and time again.
Search the forums here, or better still, look at the Similar threads at the bottom of this thread, especially the top one. :)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:11
add another field (EMailRequest, Yes/No field) to your master customer table.
tick those who are requesting email reports.

you can create a query of all customers whose EMailRequest is set to Yes/True.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:11
Hi. I moved your thread out of the Introduction forum.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You might find my blog here useful for creating the reports:-

And at the bottom of that webpage is a link to to Gina Whipp's excellent post on how to send multiple emails.

Between the two, you should be able to create what you want.

As gasman says, there are numerous post's on this forum offering answers to this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom