Setting Up good report menus for end users - a lot of reports! (1 Viewer)

misscrf

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:39
I am working on stream lining reports for my application, so that I don't have a huge maze of menus.

I am open to any ideas of how to best set this up. Right now I have a report menu with about 8 command buttons. Some take them to a criteria form for that report, others straight to the report, and others to another menu with a whole other set of buttons for more reports.

I have looked at organizing the "categories" of reports that I have.

I see that I have Candidate reports and Hire reports. This is because this application is for people who apply for a job. Once the information is entered on the entry side, there are a number of things to report on.

One idea is to make a statistics report menu for all of the summary reports. These are counts of candidates under certain groups, like what office they applied to, what departmen, or what date they applied. Then these counts exist for hires as well, and what they were hired to, and what date they started.

I also have detail reports showing the people information as candidates or hires, grouped by these such factors.

If anyone can help me to organize the best method for making these reports available to the user, I would really appreciate it.

One thought would be a form with 2 combo boxes and a preview button.

I am thinking that this could work for the statistic report menu. My database is normalized, so I can't use their names in the combos. I would want to have 1 combo for choosing candidate or hire, as that report that they want. Then the next combo would be the factor to report them on. Office, department, application source, etc

I have summary report for candidates and for hires. parallel reports, but one for (ie) all candidates by the office that they applied to. Then I would have one for all hired candidates (were hired) by the office that they were hired to. Same with department, and many others.

If anyone can help me to either how best to do this process, whether my thought is a good way to go, or if there is a better set up that I should try. I am open to anything here!

Thanks. :D

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:39
don't forget the possiblity of using a tabbed control, or a series of them; they're good for grouping like-items together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom