Should the Politics channel be near the top? (1 Viewer)

Should the Politics channel be near the top?

• Yes - I like to argue with my frenemies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - There is already enough division in society

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I'm a fence sitter

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:46
I agree but I don't come here to discuss it. I come here because I have an interest in Access. If the forum becomes primarily something other than an Access forum then I shall probably leave.
Fair enough

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:46
If the forum becomes primarily something other than an Access forum then I shall probably leave.
Nobody is saying the forum will become that. We were talking about the placement of one popular section. Nobody has to go there if they don't want to.

There seems to be some very muddled thinking going on. It is not a case of this place being either Politics or Access. No one is taking away the Access sections. No one is adding more Politics sections. It is just about convenience so people don't have to scroll so far to popular forum sections. That's all!

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Nobody is saying the forum will become that. We were talking about the placement of one popular section. Nobody has to go there if they don't want to.

There seems to be some very muddled thinking going on. It is not a case of this place being either Politics or Access. No one is taking away the Access sections. No one is adding more Politics sections. It is just about convenience so people don't have to scroll so far to popular forum sections. That's all!
When I click on "What's New" here and I get posts like this thread (that have absolutely nothing to do with Access) continually popping up I find it very irritating. Just stating my point of view.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@bob fitz I hear you. Others have stated the same. But I have some good news for you. Soon, you will be able to eliminate all the forum sections that do not interest you, and that includes what you see under the What's New section. You will be able to customise the forums so that whatever your focus is, that is all you will see. You can say goodbye to all the other "noise" that irritates you. I'm just waiting to get the technical implementation done.

deletedT

Local time
As an aside, if anyone doesn't like it here, please leave. It will make my life a whole lot easier!

Listen my friend.
I think you can't be a successful businessman here. No matter if you are the owner of a 5 stars restaurant, or you own the most popular fashion chain shops, or you own the most successful forum, the moment you say something like this, it means that you have forgotten that these are the customers who come and spend their money and these customers have made your business what it is. It's the moment you've forgotten why you've succeeded and it's the end of your success, because you've lost your customers.

Once somebody (I think @The_Doc_Man ) told me if you ask something, be prepared for the worst. You started this thread and asked a question, everybody answered what he thinks about your question. Then all of a sudden you don't like a reply or something irritates you and you ask to leave if we don't like it (and make your life easier).

Well, I think I will make your life a whole lot easier and will leave. Not because I don't like here, but because if I go to stay with a friend and he says : Leave if you don't like here, I have a feeling that I'm not welcomed. And I will never stay where I'm not welcomed. I will leave.
Your comment may not be addressed to me but does it matter who was the target? That comment shows how you feel about the members (me, one of them) and it really hurts my feelings. I'm just a normal member and my leave has no effect here, but as I explained I can't stay when my presence is that simple : Leave if you don't like it.

Before leaving, I just wanted to thank you for the great experience your forum gave me during my stay, and I also appreciate all the members who were kind enough to help with my questions.

PS: I couldn't find a way to delete my account. I appreciate any admin/mod who's reading this to delete my account.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am sorry to see you go @Tera, but I appreciate your wishes and I will arrange for your account to be deleted.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
@bob fitz I hear you. Others have stated the same. But I have some good news for you. Soon, you will be able to eliminate all the forum sections that do not interest you, and that includes what you see under the What's New section. You will be able to customise the forums so that whatever your focus is, that is all you will see. You can say goodbye to all the other "noise" that irritates you. I'm just waiting to get the technical implementation done.
Well that sounds like "good news". Any idea when that may happen.

I've just click on "What's New" and three of the top six post have nothing to do with Access :(

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@bob fitz It will happen as soon as the guy responds to my 3 different messages to him via forum, email and PM! He could be on holiday, who knows. What we do know is that it is a great solution for many here. As I understand it, you can hide entire sections of the forum.

Hang on a little bit longer for your utopia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom