showing the contents of a pdf file in a report or form (1 Viewer)

KKilfoil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:06
I would like to show a pre-existing .pdf graphical file on a report (and a corresponding form, if that is possible).

Ideally, I would like to associate such files to an appropriate field of each record in a table, and have the CONTENTS of the pdf file show up as part of a printed report, as an inserted graphic.

If it matters, I already have Adobe's Acrobat 6.0 and the pdf Reader on my PC.

Is there a way to do this? It would be a bit of a pain to convert my pictures into jpg's.

G

Gord

Sounds like you are in a similar situation to me. I have been searching for a method to use pdf's within an access report so that I can add information from the database. Unfortunately, as yet, I have found nothing that meets the challenge. As I am not a programmer, the responses to look at the Acrobat IAC just doesn't do it. The major advantage for me is quality (for the output report) and file size.

For now, I have ended up writing to bmp's (jpeg's took up too much overhead when trying to print from access) in order to print my documents to pdf files.

Someone or some company must have figured this out by now, we just have to track it down.

Gord.

C

chiefvj

converting pdf to bmp files

How do you convert from pdf to bmp???
thx Chiefvj

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:06
Not an answer but I just tried to insert a PDF file as an image and an unbound object frame into a report. Each time I got an error "Your are not registered!" [nice grammar]. There must be a DLL or ActiveX file that must be registered to do it. Like I said, not an answer but maybe a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom