Shrink blank address fields when there is other data. (1 Viewer)

saltyseadog

Local time
Today, 01:54
Hi, I designed and used an Access 2003 for some time but I have recently updated to Access 2013 and want to rejig and improve my database. My query is that I need to print invoices from my database, there is a header section with my details, then a section with the customers name and address at the left hand side, and the invoice details such as invoice number, invoice date, PO number, credit terms, etc. at the right hand side. I would like to remove any blank lines from the customers address but to still have the invoice details at the right formatted and spaced correctly. Is there any way of doing this, the canshrink property will not work due to the invoice details which still need to be printed to the right?

saltyseadog

Local time
Hi, thank you. I did find this and tried it, it does shrink the address correctly as I want it to do, but it leaves a large blank space at the right hand side where the invoice details should be, i.e it moves all the fields at the right hand side down to below where the address fields end. So the formatting looks all wrong. I am not sure if I can attach a picture of my report so as to show exactly what I am after?

saltyseadog

Local time
I have attached a zip file of my report, first shown my normal layout with the extra line that I would like to remove, second shows the result after using the "canshrinklines" module, the address is then displayed perfect but it destroys the formatting I would like at the right hand side of the section

Attachments

• Zip Report.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom