Simple DLookup not working. (1 Viewer)

Clayhead22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi All. I think this could be a formatting issue or doing something simple, incorrectly however i am at the end of my tether. Please be so kind to help.

Enter_Username = the name of the text box on the login page.
Also "Profile field" value is a drop down list selection within the table "Users". Table format is "Short Text"

Code:
Dim Useraccess As String

Useraccess = DLookup("Profile", "Users", "Username = '" & Enter_Username & "'")

If Useraccess = "Agent" Then
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Agent Dashboard"

It does not throw up any errors however it does not open the form. :mad:
Also just to mention i have ensured i am entering the correct Username and password.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Try referencing the form control - Me.Enter_Username

Clayhead22

Registered User.
Local time
Useraccess = DLookup("Profile", "Users", "Username = '" & Me.Enter_Username & "'")

Still no luck :(

The really strange thing is that if i set the "Profile" cell in the table as just text it works fine however if i have it as a lookup IE dropdown (Currently) it does not work.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like the problem is with the table - you say the profile field is a dropdown - what is the rowsource? also is the username a dropdown as well? If so, what is the rowsource?

Also have you tried debugging - put

debug.print Useraccess

after the dlookup line - what appears in the immediate window?

Clayhead22

Registered User.
Local time
Porfile looks up what the agent profile should be from another table called lists IE manager, agent ect.

Username is not a dropdown just a username and password box.
Login works fine just wont open the form.

I have just read the link from Minty which explains it just wont work this way.

A little disappointed but will find another way. Thanks guys :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
They sound like a good idea - until you actually try and use them in the real world, and they cause more confusion than they are worth as you have discovered.
Simply create a separate table with your lookup data in it, and make a "lookup" combo on the form from it.

Clayhead22

Registered User.
Local time
Simply create a separate table with your lookup data in it, and make a "lookup" combo on the form from it.

Good idea. Iwas starting to use buttons but i like this a whole lot better Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom