Simple Query gives no results (1 Viewer)

SHREK288

Local time
Today, 21:47
hi All,
Very novice access user with no knowledge of Vb but use access at work to create some very simple databases handling lots & lots of data.

Have created a simple data collecting database with a simple query to narrow down some of the data , the DB all works fine and some queries are ok, but one the simple query where I want to look a one single set of data.

Using the Like "*"&[Enter Search Parameter]&"*" gives me no results :(

Any help most appreaciable

I've attached pics of the Query & table ( soz about quality of image had to make them small enough to post )

Attachments

• FDB1.png
    FDB1.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 74
  • FBF2.png
    FBF2.png
    49 KB · Views: 73

SHREK288

Local time
Hi JHB thanks for your reply :) , Unfortunatley placing ` or ' made no difference this still gave me no results. :(

FYI I tried a similar query on a simple database at home last night just to try the formula out and it worked there.

Today at work I then created another very simple database here and tried the same like query and again it returns nothing......

Very strange

SHREK288

Local time
I have just made a list thats all a list and then created the query to use the like "*"&[ENTER SEARCH]&"*" and again it gave nothing ?

:eek:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I notice that in the attachment it shows ALike not Like , try using % instead of *

Brian

SHREK288

Local time
Cheers Brian
Thats what the problem was . "*" instead of "%"

i picked the "*" off someone else trying something similar .
Never even cross my mind i might be using the wrong operand.

:D

SHREK288

Local time
hi again Brian,
Seems i may have been a little premptive in announcing the problem was solved. Yes the Change" From "*" to "%" worked in my small tester DB, But when i went back to the big DB regardless of the operand it reverts to ALike with no results reported ?
I read a that previous thread about ansi settings but can't seem to find the settings in my works version of access 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom