Skiing In Canada (1 Viewer)

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:25
Rich said:
Not a bit of it, we're about to knock bloody Chelsea off their perch :cool:

You were saying??? :p :D

Never mind Richey....there's always next year ;)

Hay

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Aren't you jumping the gun somewhat?:rolleyes:

Nah, even although it is still mathematicallly possible, I am being realistic about United's chances. I know you need to hold onto that small glimmer of hope in your heart though.....at least until the very last moment :p

Hay

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Nah, even although it is still mathematicallly possible, I am being realistic about United's chances. I know you need to hold onto that small glimmer of hope in your heart though.....at least until the very last moment :p

Hay
It seems that if Man U can't beat the bottom team then the glimmer of hope may be snuffed fairly soon. Chelsea need 1 point from the next 3 games

I think there may be an empty trophy cabinet on ebay soon:D

Col

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time

View from hotel

That pier didn't look at all like that the day we went on the river boat tour :D

Isn't QC just beautiful? It reminds me so much of Edinburgh!

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 17:25
Hahaha we only wish it was cold like that for only a couple of hours this time of year. 29°C with humidity in 80-90% that makes it feel same as 40°C.
Scenery is still beautiful though - have to bring the laptop under the willow beside the river with a huge jug of lemonaid to keep cool.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Hahaha we only wish it was cold like that for only a couple of hours this time of year. 29°C with humidity in 80-90% that makes it feel same as 40°C.
Scenery is still beautiful though - have to bring the laptop under the willow beside the river with a huge jug of lemonaid to keep cool.

LOL, my brother used to go on about the heat and humidity, he swore we'd never survive it in the summer there. While we were in QC it got up to 36c, and they were talking 80% humidity. He forgot we used to live in South Africa, it didn't feel near as humid as Durban in December, in fact, we found it quite refreshing :cool: My sister in law couldn't believe we didn't get burnt.

The cold, on the other hand, not sure we'd be too much up for that, we get an average of 12mm snow with temperatures down to minus two (eight on a bad day) here in Scotland, not nearly as scary as your winters.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I have a brother who lives up in Tuk where they are having a heat wave - they have even gotten up to 20°C for a while this year!
I think no matter where you live you have to put up with some sort of negative weather for some period of the year. It does make tollerating weather a little easier when you live in a place you feel is paradise though :)

LOL, my brother used to go on about the heat and humidity, he swore we'd never survive it in the summer there. While we were in QC it got up to 36c, and they were talking 80% humidity. He forgot we used to live in South Africa, it didn't feel near as humid as Durban in December, in fact, we found it quite refreshing :cool: My sister in law couldn't believe we didn't get burnt.

The cold, on the other hand, not sure we'd be too much up for that, we get an average of 12mm snow with temperatures down to minus two (eight on a bad day) here in Scotland, not nearly as scary as your winters.

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 20:25
When I was living in Ottawa Ontario (Canada's capital) back in the early 80's, a newly minted country opened an embassy there.
I was speaking with a staff member in a pub one steamy summer night. He said the home government was giving him a hard time about some of the expences.

They didn't believe there was a place that required both central heat and central air conditioning. :D

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Hahaha good thing they did not have property holdings in Alberta - imagine explaining a chinook where you are wearing a parka to go to work and sitting in shorts and a tshirt by lunch time.
When I was living in Ottawa Ontario (Canada's capital) back in the early 80's, a newly minted country opened an embassy there.
I was speaking with a staff member in a pub one steamy summer night. He said the home government was giving him a hard time about some of the expences.

They didn't believe there was a place that required both central heat and central air conditioning. :D

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 20:25
Hahaha good thing they did not have property holdings in Alberta - imagine explaining a chinook where you are wearing a parka to go to work and sitting in shorts and a tshirt by lunch time.

If you remember the Calgary Winter Olympics in 1988.

They had a chinook blow in just in time for the closing cermonies.

It was -20 C at the start of the ceremonies. By the end it was +5C. All the winter parkas were unzipped by that time and some folks even removed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom