Snow! (1 Viewer)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 06:41
Either of those themes. That is what I mean by dark mode. My favourite is shades of blue. Saves my eyes from the glare and the santa's hat looks good with it!
Okay

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:41
I get to mow my lawn this Christmas day. Seriously, what the hell...??

16404438784918859683640565799535.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:41
New Orleans also has a similar problem. Temperatures in the 80s (F) and mild winds. If it weren't for having ravaged the lawn when Hurricane Ida took down the neighbor's tree that ended up in our yard, we would be cutting grass right now, too. But the wife won't let me do the lawn. We have it done every couple of weeks.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:41
Lived my early childhood in New Orleans. Snowed twice in 10 years. Otherwise, usually had the air conditioner running even through winter.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:41
Our average, long-term, is once every seven years. We are in mid-cycle.

<<looks at thermostat on wall>>

Yep, A/C is definitely running on Christmas day. Outside air temp is about 80 degr F right now.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I enjoyed the snowflakes 🌨️

Might be the only ones I see all year

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:41
It's cold and damp here in the UK.
I'm self-isolating (due to covid) in the study at home away from the rest of the family, hence online when I should be watching rubbish tv with them.

Still, I've played some chess, some hearts, and some cribbage online which was interesting. I've proved my chess ♟️ is very average, but I'm pretty good/lucky at hearts :cool:

♣️♠️♥️♦️

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's cold and damp here in the UK.
I'm self-isolating (due to covid) in the study at home away from the rest of the family, hence online when I should be watching rubbish tv with them.

Still, I've played some chess, some hearts, and some cribbage online which was interesting. I've proved my chess ♟️ is very average, but I'm pretty good/lucky at hearts :cool:

♣️♠️♥️♦️
Hope you recover well. I'm playing chess too.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
lichess is a good start. Completely free! Chess.com have free options, although some are paid. Still, its another good choice.

Then again, it depends if you are looking for a game or to just learn.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:41
I have, on my Android tablet, Chess Time by Haptic Apps, LLC from the Google Play Store.
Anyone interested in playing a game?
My chess playing is a lot like my coding. I know the names of the pieces, how they move and the object of the game. However, I lack imagination and vision and have to rely on the work of others to produce anything of value.

And I am ok with that!

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
This is my first december been active on AWF, and i have enjoyed my time here expecially the snow, since i have not witnessed any(because of the region i am in)

Can the forum have more of such backgound to depict not only weathers, but other happenings in the world per time, e.g a major sport tournament,etc.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I have, on my Android tablet, Chess Time by Haptic Apps, LLC from the Google Play Store.
Anyone interested in playing a game?
Although I have no idea about when or timing, I think I might be interested in playing it sometime

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom