Some considerations (1 Viewer)

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 21:19
Hi all,

Have sort of settled now in France and would share some thoughts when considering living in France as opposed to living in the Netherlands :
( Don't take it too serious, but note the remarks when considering moving to France too :rolleyes:):

Pro’s :
No road tax
Social contacts: speak/ try to communicate with more people in one day her than I did in a week in NL…
Great plonk for only € 3 /liter
Stress peak only once a day, when BBQ is fired up and rain starts
Low noise levels in the surroundings , except when I’m playing guitar.
Plenty of good wood for the open fire place

Con’s:
Local dialect ( patois)
Cultivate the lawn, since we had pretty heavy showers over the last weeks
Cycling requires much more physical condition, due to local hills and mountains
Bureaucrazy when it comes to import cars, horses and stuff
Despite ADSL, AWF and other forums are pretty slow.

The space key of my PC appears to have gone it’s own living ???

That's all for the time being.

Salutations , Ron ;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:19
Ecademy France,,....

Nice post Ron, you may find Ecademy useful for establishing contact with English speaking people that live in France, I don't think there are many on Ecademy, but it might be worth you having a look. You get one month free!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Hope you settle in quickly and they are making you feel welcome.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 12:19
Sounds like you have found a nice place to be living and earning a living. :D

My globe trotting days are over since I found my own Shangri-la.:)

Now your space key has found other things to do will you have to find a new QWERTY or AZERTY :eek:

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
We can just go close to home for the powwow in Akwesasne in September. Great fun!

You wouldn't be trying to make me jealous would you? Because if you are, it's working :p

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
I had the window down all the way through France, but you must have been barbecuing not playing as I didn't hear you! Glad you're settling in Ron. We stopped one night with a friend near Riberac, lovely countryside and the weather going down was great. Sadly Italy was pretty disappointing for weather but by a miracle my stepdaughter's wedding day was clear and sunny. The Italians say a bride brings her own sunshine and it certainly worked for Sarah. Here's a low res pic from the big day in San Gimignano.

Attachments

• rice.jpg
    rice.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 191

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Nice post Ron, you may find Ecademy useful for establishing contact with English speaking people that live in France, I don't think there are many on Ecademy, but it might be worth you having a look. You get one month free!

Thanks Tony. Although we have many "strangers" around here ( including Brits)
I will check that ecademy thing out.

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Sounds like you have found a nice place to be living and earning a living. :D
My globe trotting days are over since I found my own Shangri-la.:)
Now your space key has found other things to do will you have to find a new QWERTY or AZERTY :eek:

Hi Fifty, yes it's not all paradise , but really like the relaxed way of living here
, but still have to adapt to some of the strange customs here. I guess I will succeed at last :rolleyes:

Space key has gone bezirk, probably heavely influenced by the french :eek:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
I had the window down all the way through France, but you must have been barbecuing not playing as I didn't hear you!

Guess you didn't turn down your mp3 player !! :rolleyes:

Sadly Italy was pretty disappointing for weather but by a miracle my stepdaughter's wedding day was clear and sunny. The Italians say a bride brings her own sunshine and it certainly worked for Sarah. Here's a low res pic from the big day in San Gimignano.

Great place to live down there in Toscane. I've been there many times in that area, mainly for business reasons, but hardly got any rain, so assume the weather is changing after all. If your stepdaughter is going to live there permanently, she really choose one of the better places in Italy, although Toscane seems to be invaded by foreigners these days.

Hope you had a good time there ! ;)

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Hi Ron. We had a great time thanks and the weather couldn't dampen our spirits. But as for those foreigners......the place was full of Italians!:D

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 12:19
Hi Fifty, yes it's not all paradise , but really like the relaxed way of living here , but still have to adapt to some of the strange customs here. I guess I will succeed at last :rolleyes:

Space key has gone bezirk, probably heavely influenced by the french :eek:

Paradise can be what you make of where you are... we appreciate the serenity out here more than anything else :D

Maybe if you start referring to it as the barre d'espace sur la clavier then the space bar on your keyboard will begin to work again... it is a union thing according to the Societe des Claviers d'Ordinateurs du France...

La barre d'espace ou d'espacement est une touche de clavier informatique ou de machine à écrire dont la fonction principale est d'insérer une espace au cours de la saisie d'un texte, et se présentant généralement sous la forme d'une barre horizontale significativement plus large que les autres touches, située au centre de la rangée la plus basse.
Les utilisateurs la pressent généralement avec le pouce, elle est d'ailleurs assez large pour être accessible par l'un ou l'autre des deux pouces.
C'est la touche la plus large d'un clavier standard, même si cette largeur a été progressivement réduite par l'introduction de nouvelles touches de part et d'autre, telles que les touches Windows sur PC, ou commande sur Macintosh, ou encore la touche fn sur les ordinateurs portables.
En ASCII, elle porte le code 32 (0x20 dans le système hexadécimal).
En la combinant avec une ou plusieurs touches de modification, telles que Ctrl, Alt ou Maj, l'espace insérée est insécable.

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom