Someone has hacked the forum :( (1 Viewer)

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:29
I'm sorry to hear about the hijacking. What a loss...

:mad:

I've been awhile for quite some time. I will do what I can to put back the samples I had before once the sample forums is set up again.

I owe a lot to this site and its members. My start in learning and using Access is here.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:29
This really sucks. All that information gone. And my post count went from over a 1000 to 162... :(

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 04:29
jrjr said:
Awesome!!
I did the same thing...changed to forum default skin and now my original account works!! Thanks for the tip
:D

Welcome! :D

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
seth_belgium said:
I don't know about the possibilities of vBulletin forum software to create your own database backups.

Yes, it exists with vBulletin.

I suppose I should think about updating my forum. :eek:

Saying that, I did upgrade when the php loophole thing was affecting phpBB forums.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Just like to state that although I'm a new user I won't be deserting the forum and if relevant will try to post back any material that I consider important....

This is an excellent resource and with the sheer number of registered users I expect it to get back up and running in full very quickly. I suspect all those that previously posted code will have the opportunity to spring clean things and only put up the latest best stuff.

olspookishmagus

Local time
Today, 10:29
Well, it's been a busy period (or should I say era?) since I registered and unfortunatelly I wasn't able to keep an eye on this forum. Finally, I got back again and I have some questions regarding the cracking:

• Does anyone have a spam problem since the board cracking?
  • Did the posts finally got totally lost or are they recovered?
  • Is the probability that something like that might happen again, minimized to minimum possible?
  • Was the person responsible for that, traced?
  • Are there details regarding the intrusion? Such us, was that a server-based attack or a web-based attack(vBulletin exploit)

Regarding the host, I would definitely change the host, for punishing them for leaving this forum exposed and mostly for not keeping back-up's (isn't that what are they paid for?) and keeping their servers secure...

It sounds like it's past now, but don't you all look like this when you lose data?
Even more when it's not only a data, it's a work of many hours and mostly of much contribution...

gijskerstens

Local time
Today, 09:29
hmm, I don't know what going on, but this is the access-related forum I visit that got hacked in the last few weeks. First the dutch office.webforums.nl, now this one.

olspookishmagus

Local time
This wasn't hacked recently. I just wanted to see what did the investigation (if there were any) came up to.

olspookishmagus

Local time
Well, I just wanted to see how does the site paid for hosting this forum, values it's services. With a nice logger of IP's or I don't know with which possible mean of defence they could locate the attacker and have him prosecuted for being such a *BEEP*.

Also, I just wanted to see, if nowadays people who think of doing these types of attacks to systems are likely to get caught or not.

And finally, I would like to have his face cut and pasted on my dart-board.

R

Rich

olspookishmagus said:
And finally, I would like to have his face cut and pasted on my dart-board.

Yes well you could substitute Bush or Bliar for what they've done to the world :rolleyes:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 03:29
Rich said:
Yes well you could substitute Bush or Bliar for what they've done to the world :rolleyes:

Or Rich, but good luck finding a decent picture of him. :cool:

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
Or Rich, but good luck finding a decent picture of him. :cool:

Rich only upsets one or two posters here, my two suggestions have upset at least half the planet :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom