Status of DatabaseAnswers.org ??? (1 Viewer)

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:37
I've noticed in the last few days that Barry Williams' site DatabaseAnswers.org is no longer available.
It has been a long standing reference site for sample Data Models and related info.
Does anyone have knowledge of status and/or future of this resource?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, just got an eMail asking me if I had a specific Data Model because that site was unreachable. It was a surprise to me.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Crystal.
I found some models on wayback as well. Copied same for reference. They can serve as great starting point. I'm not sure what has happened to the site, though. It's been a solid reference for years.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:37
@jdraw

to answer your question about status:
"This domain has expired. If you owned this domain, contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance."

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
that's weird ... I got the status from the bottom of the March 30 capture on the wayback machine here:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes, the domain may have another year, but the info at the site is inaccessible.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
maybe he couldn't pay for hosting, or something else happened :(

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
True. I recall a few years back that his site was returning a warning "..potentially harmful...". I think he may have changed providers or had provider clean up the site. This seems different.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Hopefully it's only something like my current problem. New bank card and trying to remember what subscriptions were on the card.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I see by your reference that Barry resigned in ~2007. So for these last 15 years ????
I hope you're correct moke and the draft models will be accessible.
I could see dropping the site, but also selling the business.
It does remind me of Datapig, and excellent, somewhat dated site with many good tutorials and concepts. Just disappeared.🧨🔥

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
@jdraw, I think Datapig was Mike Alexander's site. He used to be an Excel MVP and also wrote some Access books

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@jdraw, I think Datapig was Mike Alexander's site. He used to be an Excel MVP and also wrote some Access books
Yes it was Mike Alexander. But Datapig just dropped off the radar. I could never find it on wayback either.
It was a great site, great tutorials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom