Solved Status Progress Bar Flashes During Recordset (1 Viewer)

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:57
I have implemented some code within my recordset to display a progress bar that will overwrite the "Running Query" message that flashes while cycling through my recordset.

The problem I've run into is that while this piece does work and display...

Code:
SysCmd acSysCmdInitMeter, "Updating...", rs1.RecordCount
n = n + 1
SysCmd acSysCmdUpdateMeter, n

...the default bar of "running query" will still flash behind my updated one. I would like to modify it so that only "Updating..." with its total progress bar appears.

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure I want one directly on my form, but could something like that be put into a message box that displays until recordset.eof?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:57
No. Message boxes halt execution until the user click a button on the message box.

I often use a progress bar in the form footer section so its easily visible but out of the way. Status progress bars are fairly small, easy to overlook, not very customisable and can have issues such as you described

Last edited:

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks isladogs! I'll give it a try in the footer.

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
So I gave up and just hid the status bar from File >> Options. Thanks for the help @isladogs!

pooldead

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, your suggestion did work, but my boss vetoed it lol. But at least I know something new that I can apply later on

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yeah, your suggestion did work, but my boss vetoed it lol. But at least I know something new that I can apply later on
Hi. In one of my personal apps, I put a pseudo progress bar as a status code in the footer section of the form. Since I always have the form opened at full screen, it sort of like the reqular status bar (I even adjusted the background color to blend). Maybe you can do the same thing using Colin's suggestion as a subform in the footer section? Just a thought...

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:57
Im using a "progress bar" form.
It has no buttons, and i close it when job end.

In some cases im using a progress bar on the form, as Isladogs suggestet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom