Stepping Down (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:13
Works for me, but perhaps I begin to realize I am far too tolerant. Uncle G, you did something that I was lying in wait to do. But heck, these days I'm so thick-skinned that I might have let slide something that a less tolerant person would have seen as grounds for declaring a duel at dawn with 60-caliber flintlocks at twenty paces.

Myself, I would have challenged him to throw nasty comments at each other from twenty paces, but I am barred from doing so by the Geneva Conventions. I cannot engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 04:13
He already thought it was about him from the beginning, so it's not surprising, really.

neuroman9999

Local time
No, actually I don't care to clarify. Someone so smart as you should be able to figure it out eventually. Vassago got it. Minty got it. Why can't you?
perhaps because I'm so smart, I'm stupid? kind of like google, facebook, apple, amazon, and the rest of of the geniuses that know virtually nothing out in California?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I will refrain from speculation.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:13
Troll hunting has become a sport here at AWF. Everybody has their 12-bore sawn-offs slung over their shoulders. 😃

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, my old high-school physics teacher used to shoot an eight-gauge shotgun. I guess you folks across the pond would call that 8-bore? He said he got it from his father. Needless to say, he was ready for some very large game. His 8-gauge wasn't sawed off, though. He's been deceased for a long time so I can't borrow it from him, but it WOULD be tempting.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Troll hunting has become a sport here at AWF. Everybody has their 12-bore sawn-offs slung over their shoulders. 😃
Not wasting good ammo. Rock salt would be a better choice!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
He must have been a stout individual...that is a big gun!

He was indeed a burly man. But he said his wiry father shot it easily because he somehow absorbed the recoil well, whereas Dan frequently had a sore shoulder the morning after a shooting event.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:13
Or is it more like walking peacefully through the forest & having a troll jump on you?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
perhaps because I'm so smart, I'm stupid? kind of like google, facebook, apple, amazon, and the rest of of the geniuses that know virtually nothing out in California?
No, they are successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom