strange behavior in mixed environment (1 Viewer)

dylan_dog

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:38
Hi,

I ran into this problem and it puzzles me a lot. I created a split database with 15 users on 5 different computers. All of them had Access 2003 and it ran without any problem for like two years. The other day our IT guys upgraded Access to 2007 on my computer. Now, if I use the database and put some new entries into it, the other users don't see those records. I also don't see any records that they made. If I open the back end directly, same thing. On 2007 I see all the records that were there before we mixed the versions and only those new ones that were made on my machine. On Access 2003 machines I see old records and the new ones that were made with Access 2003. On the surface, all the forms and VBA behind them work normally. Default file format on all the machines is set to 2002-2003 format. Has anybody experienced that?

Regards, Samo

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:38
Strange ... first check that you are still all writing to the same BE file.

dylan_dog

Registered User.
Local time
One of the first things I did was a copy of BE and relink

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Can't help thinking that this is the issue ... why did you need to copy the BE file?

dylan_dog

Registered User.
Local time
We noticed that something isn't the way it should be. My first thought was that there is a problem with the link to the BE. I refreshed the links, still the same issue. Then I copied BE to a new location and made the links. Same thing.

So, I copied the BE only after the problem started.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the backend actually being pointed at will be given by this code. may be useful to determine what is going on.

currentdb.tabledefs("sometable").connect

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom