Strange occurences with formatting..... (1 Viewer)

Tay

likes garlic
Local time
Today, 22:25
Has Access developed a mind of its own, or is there something I'm missing?

I have a db that has been working fine for ages. Today, I have been doing some data entry, and noticed a few things going wrong.

1. I have a combo box on a subform where I can choose a number. Rather than it displaying '1' or '2', it has started to display '1.00' or '2.00'. Format = standard, decimal places = 0. At first I had left the format blank, this problem occurred, I searched on here and found that it was because it was blank, so I changed it. Worked find for a couple of records, but has gone back to giving me zeros.

2. I have some fields which are format = currency, decimal places = auto. Rather than a '£' sign appearing (as it always has), now, the £ is not showing.

Both of these problems are occurring intermittently. It's not a major problem, it's just that it looks as though I haven't been bothered to finish the db off properly, and secondly I'd like to know if Access is going seriously wrong (I've been having many other problems over the last month or so).

Anyone else encountered these problems? I just don't get why it would suddenly decide to display something that it's not been asked.

Cheers

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:25
Tay,

I've never encountered this so I can only guess... Have there been any software updates on the PC(s)? A service pack or hotfix applied to the OS? A service pack update to Office? A new app installed or uninstalled? Since Access shares many of its inner workings with the OS, a few of these components, slightly altered, may be playing havoc with your app. Not sure what your best course would be. Maybe import everything into a new file. Reset references, perhaps.

Regards,
Tim

Tay

likes garlic
Local time
Thank you for replying, Tim.
It is more than likely that IS have been 'tinkering' over the Christmas period, so that could explain a few things.
However, the problem has changed a little since I posted. Now, if I click on the combo and it expands, the figures are displayed as 1.00, 2.00 etc. But once I have made the selection, the figure is being displayed as 1 or 2. The issue with the currency format seems to have sorted itself out.
Time to import everything into a new db then.....

Tay

likes garlic
Local time
Just to say I still have the problem with the combos even after importing everything into a blank db.:confused: Any more ideas anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom