Strange Printing Problem. (1 Viewer)

kostaskir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
Hello everybody,

Recently I finished an application on Access 97. Everything works fine, except the print button. I have on my Form two buttons. Print & Preview where you can print directly or preview a specific report.

In my company almost 30 people use this application.

Two of them, they cant print the report on a printer of their choice. The print outs go to the printer of my department.

For example a user of the Accounting Dpt cannot "see" the Printers of his department and when he press Print, we receive the Print outs in my Department (IT). Some other users work fine.

The code I used is the following:

Code:
Private Sub PrintReport_Click()
Dim baumusters, Report, docnameM, docnameS As String

Report = Baumuster.Value

baumusters = Left(Report, 1)
If baumusters <> "4" Then
docnameM = "ReportMB"
[B]DoCmd.OpenReport docnameM, acViewNormal[/B]

ElseIf baumusters = "4" Then
docnameS = "ReportSmart"
[B]DoCmd.OpenReport docnameS, acViewNormal[/B]
End If
End Sub

Do you have any clue, why this is happening. Is quite strange.

Thank you in advance.

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:31
To me it looks like the problem isn't within your code but in the printer settings on your users computer. Have you double checked that the printer is installed to their machine and set as default? Have you tried printing other things from there computer?

kostaskir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:31
Every department has more than one printer. I tried to print from notepad and I can see all the printers of the Accounting Department are ok. And I succeed to print.

The point is that every time that the user clicks the Print button, we receive the print out in my Deprtment (IT).

And something else. A couple of months ago I read an article in the internet which was written that in Access 97 you have to do something (which I don't remember :)) according the default printer.

Now I am looking forward to find a way with VBA in order to solve this problem. Something like a dialog with all the installed printers.

Thanx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom