Sub-report appearing multiple times on report (1 Viewer)

Scaniafan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:26
Ok. The last problem to overcome before I can go live with my database within the company :D

I've got a report called Invoice. On this report, I've got a sub-report, called InvoiceRules. A user selects a invoice-number on a form, and presses a print-button. The sub-report is printed on the report in the same amount of invoice-rules I've got.

So, when I've got 3 invoice-rules, the sub-report is printed 3 times :eek:

The report is based on this query:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6274/invoicequerywc2.png

and the subreport on this query:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4328/invoicerulesquerymy7.png

Please help :(

jal

Registered User.
Local time
I hope this suggestion doesn't sound stupid. (I'm a beginner).

Where did you drop the subreport control? If you dropped it into the Detail section, then I 'm wondering, assuming the main report has three records, if this would cause the subreport to repeat three times. In this case the solution might be to make sure you have a "Report Footer" section, and drop the subreport control in that section instead. This section prints only once, at the very end of the report, as far as I know.

Scaniafan

Registered User.
Local time
I hope this suggestion doesn't sound stupid. (I'm a beginner).

Where did you drop the subreport control? If you dropped it into the Detail section, then I 'm wondering, assuming the main report has three records, if this would cause the subreport to repeat three times. In this case the solution might be to make sure you have a "Report Footer" section, and drop the subreport control in that section instead. This section prints only once, at the very end of the report, as far as I know.

To quote one of my favorite teachers:

There are no stupid answers, and if there is a stupid answer, the question itself already was stupid :D

I'm not in the office right now, but will try it when I'm there. Thanks for the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom