Subquery/Union? help (1 Viewer)

lution

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Think what I need is a subquery but not sure how to format it correctly. I have a table: tblCitationTransmit that I'm trying to use to create a report.

I'm pulling all the fields in the table based on the dtmTransmitTime (when the record was sent) so select * from tblCitationTransmit where dtmTransmitTime = [parameter]. What I need to do on the report is include details if the citation was previously transmitted.

So if Citation 1 was transmitted on 5/24/14, 4/23/14, and 4/2/14 and I set the dtmTransmitTime parameter to 5/24/15 I want to include details for 5/24 & 4/23. If I use 4/23 for the date, then I'd use 4.23 & 4/2. If I picked 4/2, then there wouldn't be any previous data for it.

Note, that there will be more than one citation transmitted on each date.
Thanks, Lution

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:55
Why not just base your query on
dtmTransmitTime <= [parameter]
to get all citations sent prior to the date sought?

lution

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Thanks Cronk. That got me going down the right path. I had to setup a query to get the max transaction id < [StartDate], grouped on citation number. This gets me the last time the citation was sent outside the user's date range. Had a couple other steps afterwards but this was the main thing that was confusing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom