Subreports with counts (1 Viewer)

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:27
I have a report that is causing me some grief. There is a main report that has about 7 subreports in it. Each one of these subreports is based on a query that does a count on categories or codes and reports the number of each based on counting an ID field.

Here is my problem. If the one of the counts is 0 it does not show. I absolutely have to have these show.

I have included a test.mdb to show what I am talking about. If you open the report rpt_AHREEmploymentTrainingStats you will see there are several subreports. The second one down is a stat report on disability counts. With the current recordset for that report there are no clients whose disability is addictions. There fore it does not show. I need it to show with a count of 0,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• test.zip
    447.5 KB · Views: 66

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:27
I don't have the time to open your db but can you tell me what the calculations are? And are you sure one of them is returning a 0 and not just because it's Null or doesn't have any records?

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
I don't have the time to open your db but can you tell me what the calculations are? And are you sure one of them is returning a 0 and not just because it's Null or doesn't have any records?

There really are no calculations. The underlying query of the report does a count of disability categories. It works fine except when it finds a category that the count is 0. I need that to show

Here is the code
Code:
SELECT tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityCategory, Count(tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityID) AS CountOfDisabilityID
FROM tbl_TempClientResults INNER JOIN tbl_Disabilities ON tbl_TempClientResults.ClientID = tbl_Disabilities.ClientID
WHERE (((tbl_Disabilities.PrimaryDisability)=Yes))
GROUP BY tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityCategory;

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Give me some examples of categories that should be 0.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
As far as I can see "addictions" does not appear in any of your tables.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
There are 2 bob ;) First two records in the Disability table.

However, does Addictions meet your Yes criteria?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:27
Hmm, in your present set-up there does not seem to be a Disability Category table. That would be what I would use to show ALL disabilities whether active in the Client side or not. May I suggest adding one? I also suggest adding some relationships to your database to help maintain integrity across the tables when doing data entry.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, I see it took me too long to type! Oh well, at least three heads better than one... :D

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Hmm, in your present set-up there does not seem to be a Disability Category table. That would be what I would use to show ALL disabilities whether active in the Client side or not. May I suggest adding one? I also suggest adding some relationships to your database to help maintain integrity across the tables when doing data entry.
One for Disability and another for Disability Code too.

I would rethink that table design too because there seems to be lots of repetition. Anyway, to answer your question you need to change the JOIN.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
There are 2 bob ;) First two records in the Disability table.

However, does Addictions meet your Yes criteria?
:eek:Quite right. I really should get these glasses changed.:eek:

The SQL statement used for the sub report is using a second table which as far I can see is superfluous. If you remove the table or change the relationship you will get the desired result.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
@bob
Can't remove the other table because Addicton is not Active and it looks like they're using that table to pull only Active ones.

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all the input Guys. In this case I am dealing with an existing database that would screw up way to much to change the table structure. Addictions is the one that has a Zero Count in this example but it could be any of the categories and even more than one. And I need a line in the report that says ''0 Addictions'

The problem is as you can see if you run the query by itself it only counts DisabilityCategories that have a count greater than 0. I need it to show up regardless of what the count is.

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
@bob
Can't remove the other table because Addicton is not Active and it looks like they're using that table to pull only Active ones.

In this example that is correct. This table is used to gather a group of clients based on many different criteria, this one being 'Active"

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I'll make reference to previous posts:
And I need a line in the report that says ''0 Addictions'

The problem is as you can see if you run the query by itself it only counts DisabilityCategories...
...does Addictions meet your Yes criteria?
Code:
WHERE (((tbl_Disabilities.PrimaryDisability)=[B][COLOR="Red"]Yes[/COLOR][/B]))

Anyway, to answer your question you need to change the JOIN.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, then there is a problem because you can't pull it out of no where. So, somewhere you need to get all of the Disability Categories. If you don't have a table you run a Make Table query that you can incorporate that has the Categoreis but there is no way to adjust your present query.

CanWest

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I have made a change to the query. It now includes the Disability Categories table.

This has ALL of the categories in it. I still can not get the addiction category to show up.

Here is the code and I will attach the new database.

Code:
SELECT tbl_DisabilityCategoryList.DisabilityCategory, Count(tbl_Disabilities.ClientID) AS CountOfClientID
FROM tbl_TempClientResults INNER JOIN (tbl_Disabilities INNER JOIN tbl_DisabilityCategoryList ON (tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityCategory = tbl_DisabilityCategoryList.DisabilityCategory) AND (tbl_DisabilityCategoryList.DisabilityCategory = tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityCategory) AND (tbl_Disabilities.DisabilityCategory = tbl_DisabilityCategoryList.DisabilityCategory)) ON tbl_TempClientResults.ClientID = tbl_Disabilities.ClientID
GROUP BY tbl_DisabilityCategoryList.DisabilityCategory;

Attachments

• test.zip
    423.8 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom