Solved Tabbed Subforms (1 Viewer)

sctb0825

Local time
Today, 03:08
I have a tabbed sub form, I only want to display the tabs on my main form and when you click on a tab the sub form comes up as a popup. Then I want to be able to position the tabs in a location of my choice.

Can anyone explain how to do this or steer me to a link for a tutorial on this? I am using Access 2016

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:08
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

I moved your thread out of the Introduction forum.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You probably need to use the the tab on change event. You can see an example of the tab onChange event working in my YouTube video here:-

Password Protected Tab - Nifty Access​

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:08
I have a tabbed sub form, I only want to display the tabs on my main form and when you click on a tab the sub form comes up as a popup. Then I want to be able to position the tabs in a location of my choice.
I cannot picture what you are trying to do. Sounds like you don't actually need to use a tab control at all. Sounds more like you want an option group with buttons and when you press on a button, you open a form in dialog view. Keep in mind that using this method, the pop up is NOT a subform and therefore, you need to set the FK using code in the pop up form's BeforeInsert event if this data is actually dependent on the main form record.

sctb0825

Local time
Thanks Pat, you are correct I need to use buttons for my application instead of tabs. My tables have so much info I need to break in down into sections, and I will need to PW protect some of the buttons so only admin can access, update of view the information.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks Pat, you are correct I need to use buttons for my application instead of tabs. My tables have so much info I need to break in down into sections, and I will need to PW protect some of the buttons so only admin can access, update of view the information.
Suggest you hide those buttons for all non admin users. If the items for admins only contain confidential data, I'd still require a password for those items (in case a non admin user accesses an admin computer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom