Table setup for every date in year (1 Viewer)

velcrowe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
Can I setup a table to have 365 columns for dates &days of the week for the entire year? I would like to relate this table to another to show how material was delivered over the course of the year, including those days and weeks when material was not delivered to all my storerooms:confused:

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:02
no you can not have that many columns in a table. Why not create a record for each date?

velcrowe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:02
If I create a record for each date can I produce a report with the days of the week(my report has to show weekly delivery stats) along the top as column headings and my storerooms as row headings?

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm sure its possible. Its hard to tell you how to start with out knowing the desing of you db.

mresann

Registered User.
Local time
What you want to accomplish is ***REALLY BAD*** database design. I really don't think I can explain what you should do in one post, but for starters you do not want to create fields for specific dates, no matter how many you have. You would accomplish listing reports in date groups by using query or report functions.

Again, I can't really help you here with your request to be honest. Many beginners tend to view Access (or other database) tables in the same way they would an Excel spreadsheet, also known as a "flatfile". My best advice is to look at any of the myriad of Access beginner books and learn the basics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom