Tax (1 Viewer)

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 17:54
@Infinite, did my solution help you piece together a query for yourself? Are you still in need of assistance on this matter?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:54
I think "infinite" has done a Buzz Lightyear and gone into infinity and beyond!

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Today, 00:54
Sorry guys, you were talking back and forth a lot, so I just kinda ignored it :eek:
Ima check now and see and respond back soon hopefully and tell you if it worked, thanks!

Edit: Notifications wasn't working correct, sorry about not responding.

Last edited:

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Sorry guys, you were talking back and forth a lot, so I just kinda ignored it :eek:
Ima check now and see and respond back soon hopefully and tell you if it worked, thanks!
That 'back and forth' was us desperately trying to understand what you needed. It would have been a lot easier if you'd clarified our uncertainties at the time instead of just ignoring us. It takes time and effort to help out and put in the brains to make sure you get a reasonably well working database. It would be nice for you to put in the same effort.

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
That 'back and forth' was us desperately trying to understand what you needed. It would have been a lot easier if you'd clarified our uncertainties at the time instead of just ignoring us. It takes time and effort to help out and put in the brains to make sure you get a reasonably well working database. It would be nice for you to put in the same effort.

Dont worry, I wasn't actually ignoring you. Just noticed my notifications for this wasnt turned on, so I wasn't getting the emails I should have been, sorry.

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Ok, I just looked at (post 33) and I noticed that is exactly what I want! But, how would I be able to round it up to the nearest cent? I also tried it with a item that costs $8.50 and the tax rate is 1, and it comes out as $8.51 but when I get a online sales tax calculator, it says the tax rate should be $8.59. Is there something im doing wrong? Or is there something im not understanding? Thanks a TON for the help!

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
A point of interest.

The Sum of the Tax on each order does not necessarily balance. It may be Dollars out. This is simply written off.

If you notice GST the Tax department always rounds this off to the nearest dollar.

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
So, mine is correct? And so is theirs? I just need to deiced which of the two I want to go with, correct?

Infinite

More left to learn.
Local time
Well, they round theres to the nearest dollar, my/your calculation doesnt. So, I would have to choose if I want to round it to the nearest dollar or not?

Or am I missing something?

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Ok, I just looked at (post 33) and I noticed that is exactly what I want! But, how would I be able to round it up to the nearest cent? I also tried it with a item that costs $8.50 and the tax rate is 1, and it comes out as $8.51 but when I get a online sales tax calculator, it says the tax rate should be $8.59. Is there something im doing wrong? Or is there something im not understanding? Thanks a TON for the help!
Show us your working out (your query/calculation). Are you sure you're not just "adding" the tax (like i did in "TaxPart" accidentally in the example i made)?
The taxpart should have been something like:
Code:
(price/(100+taxrate))*100
But i think the TaxUp is the one you wanted anyway, and that looks right to me.

Just a matter of which one you used to inspire your own calculations!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom