Team Calculation (1 Viewer)

$t3ff

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:09
I have created a relational database for my local running club.
It has 2 tables, 1.information on athletes which includes name, athlete's club etc as well as an individual athlete number which is the primary key. and 2. A positioning sheet with the place as an autonumber (This is an autonumber as the first details enter will be first place (autonumber=1), second being the second autonumber (2)), athlete number and time field. There is also a query which merges the information (including club) from the two tables to make up a results sheet.

In these competitions there is a team event this works by the first 4 people of any one club to come over the finish line. The positions of these athletes are then added and the team with the lowest score wins. The resulting information should be calculated for all teams in the race. There can be an A, B, C team etc for the clubs, meaning that the first four over the line for a club are team A, next 4 are team B etc. It also needs to cancel out any teams with less than 4 people. Meaning i f9 people run for the striders and place 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15, 25 then Team A is 1, 5, 6, 7 and Team B 9, 10, 13, 15 the runner who came 25th is cancelled out. Athletes from other clubs place inbetween (2, 3, 4, 8...etc)

My problem is how to create this list of team results in the Access database.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 12:09
Hey, welcome to the forum.
You need a new table called team, or tTeam or something.
Each team record needs an autonumber TeamID, and the athletes table needs a new long integer field, TeamID.
This way you can create and manage teams independently of athletes, and you can add and remove athletes to and from teams by changing the TeamID field of the Athlete's record.

$t3ff

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:09
Still Not sure

sorry but i do not understand exactly what you mean, here is the copy of the database with some fake data in it, is it possible that you would be about to create this table to show me visually

thank-you for your help

Attachments

• Test Data.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom