Television Evolution (1 Viewer)

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 04:11
That was the conclusion of the consumer magazine Which

Brian

Sounds like the television industry is grasping at straws for some form of innovation that people will actually want. For most people a 1080p set is more than enough to be happy, so it will take a big change to create any demand. 4k sets might become plausible once the content is there to view on them, but the jump between 1080 and 4k isn't nearly as noticeable as say 480 (SD) to 1080 (HD).

I don't need a smart tv when I can buy a roku, for example, that does the same thing and probably better.

The only thing I'd be looking for right now is something super lightweight and thin with the best picture quality imaginable. Cost is of course the most important factor for selling tvs to mass market.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:11
maw230;1352910 The only thing I'd be looking for right now is something super lightweight and thin with the best picture quality imaginable. Cost is of course the most important factor for selling tvs to mass market.[/QUOTE said:
The sound bars required for the thin tv s already weigh more than the sets.

Brian

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 04:11
The sound bars required for the thin tv s already weigh more than the sets.

Brian

Don't get me started on soundbars ;). In all seriousness though, tv speakers aren't meant to produce good sound, just sound for those who don't have external speakers. It still baffles me when I see a brand new hi-def television using built in speakers! Soundbars are a huge leap above that, but you can get a decent 5.1 setup for well under $500 USD. But then of course you have to run wires.

jaismith08

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:11
Interesting! I wonder what TV looks like after 10 years or more. Maybe a transparent one wherein you are able to walk in it. Haha ;P

Jmclel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:11
I think we should have black and white radio. :D

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 03:11
My company name is Tesla3D, Inc.
Yes, I have a 70 inch 240 hz HD 3D TV with the Internet, IE browser, blue tooth keypad, rabbit to my Samsung smart phone.
I also have the HP 3D Envy Portable (no longer made). 1080 3D 120 hz screen with graphics card able to support 4 monitors. It sports an I7, 16 GB RAM and 2 hard drives with a huge portable battery that makes it almost not portable.

In my spare time, I am part of a company that develops home-made UAV products.
The GoPro 3D is kind of strange in they 69 two of them together to synchronize the two.
We are experimenting urban area orthorectification. In order to orthorectify a building to its correct, upright position, the building must be represented as part of the surface to be rectified. Therefore, an exact digital building model, which describes the building structure, three-dimensional coordinates, topologic relationship, etc., is required .

Basically, we set a center point on the building. There is also a low and high altitude.
The UAV begins a spiral flight with the camera pointing at the center point. The camera's don't just look forward. They also look up/down and side/side. Like the project that I did on the first F/A-18 video cockpit with interlaced HUD and other 1553 Bus Interface data, each UAV photo frame is tagged with the UAV's positional information and the angle of view from that position. The UAV continues to spiral and make a semi-sphere flight around the object taking millions of photos with the metadata.

The next step is to make a Point Cloud. The software to manage Point Cloud creation is just not standard and is one of the bottlenecks. At one point, Microsoft bought a company in Boulder Colorado that had some advanced features. It seems that MS may have just taken a few algorithms and abandoned the usable product. OK, I digress.

I will step off of the soap-box and jump to the new HP 3D printers and workstations.
http://www.ibtimes.com/hp-inc-unvei...-jet-3d-printer-sprout-3d-workstation-1715685

Here is my goal for 2016. As seen from this link above, the ability to make accurate replicas in full HP Inkjet colors (even the layers underneath can be in color if material is known) could be huge.
The process I hope to be a part of, is to provide a huge level of accuracy in small buildings, tall buildings, or large landscapes. It is my hope that in 2016 the photos to create the Point Cloud would be able to be interfaced into professional CAD software at a higher accuracy. As a byproduct, it could be used for large scale green-screen movie production, video games, and other 3D type of uses. That would include Holographic TV. True Holographic TV can't just have a single single camera with 2 lens.

"everyone should have a hobby"

It is my belief that 3D printing will be a bigger technology, economic and social game changer than the Industrial Revolution. 'Nuff Said

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom