Terrorist tries to blow up US Airliner (1 Viewer)

statsman

Local time
Today, 01:21
Over Christmas, a terrorist attempted to blow up a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

It seems his bomb didn't quite work and all he succeeded in doing is burning off his testicles.

The Americans have been falling over themselves with increased security at the airports and all.

What the Americans should do is buy full page ads in every Arab newspaper pointing out that the terrorist organizations gave this guy a faulty bomb and he will be going through the rest of his life with no "manhood".

The result would be the end of suicide bombers. Males anyway.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:21
Over Christmas, a terrorist attempted to blow up a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit.

It seems his bomb didn't quite work and all he succeeded in doing is burning off his testicles.

The Americans have been falling over themselves with increased security at the airports and all.

What the Americans should do is buy full page ads in every Arab newspaper pointing out that the terrorist organizations gave this guy a faulty bomb and he will be going through the rest of his life with no "manhood".

The result would be the end of suicide bombers. Males anyway.

I don't know if it is true but I have read a few times that the large majority of suicide bombers do it because of what will be done to their families or what will be done to them in the way of extreme torture. As a reward they have dugs and women the night before.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yes, that's the sad nature behind these suicide bombers. While many of them are brainwashed enough in their religion to believe that it's their calling, some of them are forced into it for fear of retaliation.

Moved to politics because there is no way this is going to stay the tongue in cheek humor it was intended.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 06:21
People will no doubt winge their little heads off at airports because they are delayed due to the extra security checks, but it is in their best interest, would they rather be late on the plane or dead... mmm.. I know which one i'd choose.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 22:21
People are not concerned about their safety as much as they are concerned about getting somewhere fast and cheap. People in North America still insist on flying short distances inspite of the extra time to go through security checks... doing the math in a lot of cases taking the train is less stress and overall faster for some short and medium hauls - some of the short trips can be accomplished by bus quicker...

Taking out so many people with a single blast on an aircraft does not make mathamatical sense - wouldnt one of the terrorists have a better body count if they detonated inside a busy terminal. Seeing as that would also be before security screening they would not have to deminish the payload in order to worry about getting through the sweeps scans and patdowns.
Anyhow if suicide bombing is the ideal way of dieing then why dont these fanatical leaders lead by example?

People will no doubt winge their little heads off at airports because they are delayed due to the extra security checks, but it is in their best interest, would they rather be late on the plane or dead... mmm.. I know which one i'd choose.

statsman

Local time
I realized shortly after 9/11 that the extra security is useless. It is only there to make us feel safer. The Northwest terrorist proves that it's very easy to beat. If his organization knew how to make a bomb properly, there would be one hundred or so dead people.

All the security has done is inconvenience the hell out of people and enpower a bunch of Hitlers-in-training wearing security uniforms.

I don't fly. Thats it. I just don't fly. All the hassle is just not worth it. If I can't get there by train or by car, I don't need to go. I used to go to the Carribbean for a week each winter. I now go to Florida for two weeks and take the train. With all the hustle and bustle in the modern world, I had forgotten how relaxing a train trip can be.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I
I don't fly. Thats it. I just don't fly. All the hassle is just not worth it. If I can't get there by train or by car, I don't need to go. I used to go to the Carribbean for a week each winter. I now go to Florida for two weeks and take the train. With all the hustle and bustle in the modern world, I had forgotten how relaxing a train trip can be.
Isn't it a long trip?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:21
Taking out so many people with a single blast on an aircraft does not make mathamatical sense - wouldnt one of the terrorists have a better body count if they detonated inside a busy terminal.

Given the relativley small amount of explosive one terrorist can carry.......not even close.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Carry? Probably! I alwasy see a lot fo people in the terminals with a heck of a lot of luggage on the unsecured side. If he had one of those carts with some large Samsonites stuffed full that would be one heck of a bang :eek:
Might not create as much casualties as it would making all of this security measures have a realistic rethink... some of the travelling public would not be so sure about the false sense of safety either.

Given the relativley small amount of explosive one terrorist can carry.......not even close.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
If a terrorist organisation really wants to create chaos they should bomb outside the security checks in the check-in area. They can then bring in as much explosive as they want with no checks. Frightening isn't it?

statsman

Local time
Isn't it a long trip?

2 days and a bit. I always book at sleeper compartment.

I've noticed a lot of people must be doing the same thing as the train service is much better than it was when I first started in 2003. There are also a lot more compartment cars on the train then there were back then as well.

statsman

Local time

Scott, lets look at what happened:

- the terrorist's father contacted several embassies (including the US) to inform them that his son was unbalanced and may do somthing like this
- despite the above, the terrorist was not placed on any watch or no-fly lists
- the terrorist went through enhanced security in Amsterdam and wasn't intercepted
- the terrorist was flying from Amsterdam to Detroit and had no luggage (as sure tip off that something was wrong).

Rich

Registered User.
Local time

I've noticed a lot of people must be doing the same thing as the train service is much better than it was when I first started in 2003. There are also a lot more compartment cars on the train then there were back then as well.
There's no train from here to the Canadian Rockies:(

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I know a lot of people who are taking train and bus more then flying, especially for business. You can get a lot of work done face to face on the train with clients and not be interrupted or bothered by other things.
Driving down to Florida is very nice also if you like the open road for about 2000k each way. Just DO NOT take the I75 unless you want to see more cities upon cities.
Texas is also a very nice place to visit if you like golf the courses neat the gulf coast will help you LOVE the game.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Have to wonder with all of those 'red flags' what their criteria is to determine what is a hoax and what is a realistic warning :eek:
Scott, lets look at what happened:
- the terrorist's father contacted several embassies (including the US) to inform them that his son was unbalanced and may do somthing like this
- despite the above, the terrorist was not placed on any watch or no-fly lists
- the terrorist went through enhanced security in Amsterdam and wasn't intercepted
- the terrorist was flying from Amsterdam to Detroit and had no luggage (as sure tip off that something was wrong).

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 00:21
Have to wonder with all of those 'red flags' what their criteria is to determine what is a hoax and what is a realistic warning :eek:

speaking of red flags, the IRS says that you shouldn't round your income to the nearest ten thousand dollar, or you have the chance of being audited. :rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
speaking of red flags, the IRS says that you shouldn't round your income to the nearest ten thousand dollar, or you have the chance of being audited. :rolleyes:

Capital "S" at the start please, and an "s" after the word dollar, as it's plural.

Thank you.

Col

Oh, and technically IRS should be I.R.S. as I'm guessing they're abbreviations for something.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 00:21
Capital "S" at the start please, and an "s" after the word dollar, as it's plural.

Thank you.

Col

Oh, and technically IRS should be I.R.S. as I'm guessing they're abbreviations for something.
dead i mEnTon TaT yuO CoUd Kisss meY A$$ CoLIn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom