Terrorist tries to blow up US Airliner (1 Viewer)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:30
The article was specifically referring to the need to Body Scan, all luggage needs to be scanned exactly for the reason you have mentioned.

Should you Body Scan a young child, and expectant mother, a well respected English Actress...etc etc

Or should you only be Body Scanning the individual with none or little luggage of an Asian, Middle East or African descendance, I am not discriminating against these races, but the only people so far who have been identified and / or caught or perpetrated these acts have been from this descendancy.

It's about securing your screening process.

If you publicize a criteria for not getting checked out, you give terrorists info to exploit. Don't give them this info, ie everyone may get checked out, the terrorist has nothing to work on.

I'm not allowed to publish the reasons why a credit card declined, on a failure page, on the websites I build for the same reasons.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I went through one of these body scanners last year in Atlanta. It reminded me of that bit in Flash Gordon where he gets gassed. :p

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I'm not allowed to publish the reasons why a credit card declined.

Now that bugs the hell out of me when that happens, as everybody looks at you as if you are some kind of criminal.

When 9 times out of 10 the machine is at fault, surely when this is the reason that this can be communicated to the store so they can inform the customer that it is the machine at fault not them..

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 17:30
Most people hate to be behind me in queues. When my bill is totalled and the cashier says $17.58 and then I hand over $20.00.
Once the $20.00 is punched it in I say Oh I have the $0.03 and watch the complex look come over the clerks face trying to do head math to figure out my change...

Now that bugs the hell out of me when that happens, as everybody looks at you as if you are some kind of criminal.

When 9 times out of 10 the machine is at fault, surely when this is the reason that this can be communicated to the store so they can inform the customer that it is the machine at fault not them..

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Most people hate to be behind me in queues. When my bill is totalled and the cashier says $17.58 and then I hand over $20.00.
Once the $20.00 is punched it in I say Oh I have the $0.03 and watch the complex look come over the clerks face trying to do head math to figure out my change...

What use is the 0.03c? Surely it would be better if you offered the 0.58c?

Col

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

Yep, but the machine can't tell if you are actually the cardholder or not.

So for security, if you have not passed validation, for whatever reason, it should presume the worse and not risk 'leaking' confidential data to a stranger.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
Yep, but the machine can't tell if you are actually the cardholder or not.

So for security, if you have not passed validation, for whatever reason, it should presume the worse and not risk 'leaking' confidential data to a stranger.

But the least the cashier could do is say "We're having some problems with our machine, it doesn't seem to want to take this card. I'm sorry."

Whamo, no one is offended, no one looks like a criminal.

This happened to me once before and the cashier was saying that my card was rejected. I got really upset, called the company, and they said they had no transaction with my card. Turned out the strip on the back was worn. The cashier could have saved me a lot of grief.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
This happened to me once before and the cashier was saying that my card was rejected. I got really upset, called the company, and they said they had no transaction with my card. Turned out the strip on the back was worn. The cashier could have saved me a lot of grief.

Had a similar experience when I changed address and the credit card company put the zip-code in the wrong field when I informed them.

It's impossible to cater for embarrassment everytime there's a faulty link in the chain.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 17:30
New screening is making flying a whole lot safer...

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
How do you know they have little or no checked luggage? With a majority of airlines still struggling with misdirected checked in luggage how would someone ever be able to say for certain if any of these persons have or did not have a bag or two?
Perhaps the next terrorist will be someone who looks like a prime example of the aryan race, 18-25 years of age with 10 kilos of explosive strategically strapped to them to resemble an expectant young mommy... dont frisk her or scan her and she claims that is alergic to dogs so keep the sniffers away...

Lets just hope that no Terrorist factions read this forum otherwise youv'e just given them a great idea.. :p

In seriousness, the likelyhood of this happening is remote as the majority of attacks on planes going to the US are from Muslim extremists, and they tend to be Asian, African, Middle Eastern...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom