Text box Percentage format (1 Viewer)

gblack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:13
This thing has gotten to the point where it's starting to drive me nuts.

I have set the format of a text box (named: scrILS) to percentage. It shows on the form as 0.00%

When I try to run calculations off of it like: = [scrILS]*[totBuysFYDP1], it throws this error: #TYPE!

It seems as though the textbox is keeping it as text for the percent sign "%" is preventing any calculations against it... here's the strange part... it doesn't happen initially when I open the form... the calculations work and I get no error, but I have code that recalculates everything based on values picked in a list box... on the requery I get the error.

When I look at the watch frame for that control it shows the scrILS value as:
"00.0%" not 00.0%... any thoughts on this?

I attempted to just take the thing as a string and use a replace function against the "%" then calculating... that works, but then the initial form load throws the error.

Seems like I am missing something in the property settings, but I don't know what. Is there something that forces the format value, setting percentage as a number vs. text?... I thought that was just part of the format setting...no?

Not sure I explained that in any way anyone would understand... so let me know if this sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook.

v/r,
Gary

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:13
What is the content of [totBuysFYDP1] when you get error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom