The Bucket List Thread! (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:28
4 miles each way commute for me - on a cycle. I love it, though it can be a bit hairy, even on quietish roads.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
9 miles via bus, I would love to do it Via Bike in the summer though,

Will add it to my "To Do List" :D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
When I first started work I did 12 miles each way to work and back by bike, come on Connor your only a young man

Brian

Ps Connor has derailed his own thread

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I will go by bike one day Brian, But that day is not today! ;)

I don't believe I have derailed the thread, People are still welcome to post their bucket lists and we can have a chat about them - I'm a social guy, and I didn't make this thread to just post your bucket lists and leave it at that :p

But feel free to do that if you don't want to chat about them.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't believe I have derailed the thread, People are still welcome to post their bucket lists and we can have a chat about them - I'm a social guy, and I didn't make this thread to just post your bucket lists and leave it at that :p

But feel free to do that if you don't want to chat about them.

I was talking about the fact that the thread now appears to be discussing commuting

Brian

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
In relation to someone's bucket list :) - I was talking about commuting through america and we got talking. Oh conversations do have a tendency to get away from me ha ha!

pmlee

Local time
Today, 02:28
Haha just to restart the discussion:

1. Own and drive a Porsche 911
2. Make a cross country trip from DC to San Francisco
3. Have my own business

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Haha just to restart the discussion:

1. Own and drive a Porsche 911
2. Make a cross country trip from DC to San Francisco
3. Have my own business

#2 is absolutely a must-do. I drove from DC to Seattle, and while the Great Plains bored me to tears, the rest of the drive was pretty amazing. Going from the swamps of DC (ugh) to the Appalaichans to the midwest, through the Badlands (which are incredible) was cool enough, but seeing the Rockies slowly resove from a dim shadow in the distance into a giant purple wall you know full well is still hundreds of miles away is just awe-inspiring.

Then driving through the Rockies is incredible, but even that has nothing on driving through redwood country and then up the Pacific coast up through the Cascades.

pmlee

Local time
That's really what I want to see, the Rockies and the mountains appearing in the distance. I drove from DC to Chicago so far and the Midwest is incredibly boring but I'm betting the drive after that will be awesome.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
That's really what I want to see, the Rockies and the mountains appearing in the distance. I drove from DC to Chicago so far and the Midwest is incredibly boring but I'm betting the drive after that will be awesome.

Yeah, if you can arrange to sleep through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and the Great Plains, do so. Driving through a thousand miles of cornfields gives a whole new meaning to the word 'tedious'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom