The Oscars (1 Viewer)

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
Asked to leave by the president of the academy? What a spineless individual. You don't ask, you tell and you back it up with security.

I wasn't able to view your video so going about what you described, it only proves that Hollywood is full of hypocrites and when they suggest this is how people should live their lives the best response is to tell them to go blank themselves and then boycott them.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:01
In the years I have been alive, I have learned that when someone says "I don't care...", the opposite is usually the case...
I agree. I think when anyone becomes the butt of a joke, they grit their teeth and smile. Just like perhaps Will Smith grits his teeth when his partner goes sleeping with other men. I am sure Jada was not amused at the joke.

Likewise, if Will Smith gets upset over Jada having an affair, should he be allowed to smack her in the face? Or is Hollywood not so gender neutral as they claim. i.e. it is not ok to smack a woman in the face, but fine to do this to a man.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Asked to leave by the president of the academy? What a spineless individual. You don't ask, you tell and you back it up with security.
I agree. Spineless.

I wasn't able to view your video so going about what you described, it only proves that Hollywood is full of hypocrites and when they suggest this is how people should live their lives the best response is to tell them to go blank themselves and then boycott them.
Try this version:

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 13:01

Reacting to the Academy's statement, Jimmy Kimmel, who hosted the Oscars in 2017 and 18, said on his talk show: "Usually when someone's asked to leave and refuses to go, that's when security comes in and takes that person away.
"But in this case, they decided to give him an Oscar and let him back on stage to speak."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
1648741833441.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:01
diminished women
Really. Did you see the tears in his wife's eyes? Granted, she's an actress too and if this was staged, she's the one who deserves the Oscar. I'm not condoning violence but would you let someone get away with humiliating your spouse or mother that way?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Are we saying here that any humiliation or response to something you find hurtful should end in violence?

If someone says Will Smith did the right thing, then they are condoning violence. Or another way to put it is to say they believe in criminal behaviour being the solution and taking the law into their own hands.

Should Will Smith be allowed to smack his wife in the face for her hurtful infidelities? Should Will Smith have been smacked in the face for making a bald joke at a guys expense, as now seen on YouTube clips?

Food for thought...

Last edited:

KitaYama

Local time
Are we saying here that any humiliation or response to something you find hurtful should end in violence?
You've asked this question maybe more than 10 times and none of those who support "Protecting his partner" answered the question.
Because there's only one answer to this question and they don't want to accept it.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I can only keep posing the questions, but if no one wants to engage in a response then that is fine by me. I still haven't heard any response to my comments regarding WIll Smith making the same joke about a bald guy who he picked on in an audience. If no one wants to address them, is it because they are inconvenient or is there some other reason. Looks like I will never know.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:01
I finally figured out the video clip was coming through in the right channel and I had my earbud in the left ear. Oops :D

I find nothing wrong with Will telling a bald joke on Arsenio Hall or Chris Rock at the Oscars really. If you go back and watch Don Rickles from the '60s and '70s this was all pretty tame, the only difference is we live in a new woke world.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jon

KitaYama

Local time
Why people try to put the blame on others for what Will Smith did?
He was out of his mind. He made a mistake and he's the one who should be blamed for.

The head of ceremony faced an incident. He/They had to decide and the decision should be quick. There was no time for meetings and talking about the situation. They chose one of two possible ways, and gave him the award he had won. Now people doesn't see who is the one who stands guilty.

The award was for his performance as an actor, not for his personality or his behavior.

Imagine they hadn't given him the award. Then who is gonna take it? There's not a second place. 5 nominees and one of them wins the award. If not Will, then who. Or maybe let's not having any award for the leading role this year? Or should they make the whole several million who were watching the show wait for another voting?
Standing ovation? Is it also the academy's fault? It was other actors and actresses who did it.

Has the guy in the show tried to stand in their shoes and see the situation during that specific time?
What happened was un-expected and the decision had to be quick.

Again, I admit The Academy made the wrong choice. But the focus should be on Will Smith side, not The Academy.

Last edited:

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
Why people try to put the blame on others for what Will Smith did?
He was out of his mind. He made a mistake and he's the one who should be blamed for.

The head of ceremony faced an incident. He/They had to decide and the decision should be quick. There was no time for meetings and talking about the situation. They chose one of two possible ways, and gave him the award he had won. Now people doesn't see who is the one who stands guilty.

The award was for his performance as an actor, not for his personality or his behavior.

Imagine they hadn't given him the award. Then who is gonna take it? There's not a second place. 5 nominees and one of them wins the award. If not Will, then who. Or maybe let's not having any award for the leading role this year? Or should they make the whole several million who were watching the show wait for another voting?
Standing ovation? Is it also the academy's fault? It was other actors and actresses who did it.

Has the guy in the show tried to stand in their shoes and see the situation during that specific time?
What happened was un-expected and the decision had to be quick.

Again, I admit The Academy made the wrong choice. But the focus should be on Will Smith side, not The Academy.
The Academy should have removed Smith. Another person would have accepted his award. They both were wrong.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 00:01
Piers Morgan has a point:-

Somebody give him a show soon for Christ's sake, we need his ability to shine a light on the crap ..
Your wish has been fulfilled, :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
A couple of years ago I saw Piers in a pub about 10 miles from where I live, called The Griffin. His parents used to own it and Piers lived there too, since it was a very small "hotel" section to it. He is a great presenter, although I understand is a bit like Marmite.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Although Ricky did make an alopecia joke in The Office...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom