The Packers Win !!! (1 Viewer)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:09
Green Bay Packers have won another game. I've been a Packer fan since way way back. This year is one of their worst ever. Just thought I'd post this as this is starting to look like an all-UK area...:D

R

Rich

Doesn't look like there are any sports fans from the US here Friday, don't they have to be in church on the days the Packers play? :D

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Green Bay Packers, can't say I've ever heard of them :confused:

Hay

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Doesn't look like there are any sports fans from the US here Friday, don't they have to be in church on the days the Packers play? :D

What's church ? :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Friday said:
Green Bay Packers have won another game. I've been a Packer fan since way way back. This year is one of their worst ever. Just thought I'd post this as this is starting to look like an all-UK area...:D
Why are they called "packers"? do they all work in a factory packing area in the daytime?:confused:

I understand when teams are called "red socks" - but packers??????

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Sorry, ignore my post - I waded through your site and yes they were packers in a uniform factory

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Seems like the Packers have had a fair bit of success Friday, especially in the 60s. Where's all the more recent championships? Last one 1996, due another championship aren't they :cool:

I don't really understand American Football if I'm honest :eek:

Hay

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I saw our Charlotte on TV the other night, I thought she was a little more podgy than she was:eek: must be all that booze she pours down her neck:rolleyes:

Col

R

Rich

It looked to me like she'd had a boob job, maybe she wants to compete with Jordan:eek:

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Hayley Baxter said:
Seems like the Packers have had a fair bit of success Friday, especially in the 60s. Where's all the more recent championships? Last one 1996, due another championship aren't they :cool:

I don't really understand American Football if I'm honest :eek:

Hay

The main problem the Packers have is that they are the only professional American football team that is owned by a municipality. All the other teams are owned by huge corporations with tons of money. The Pack just can't offer the salaries it takes to recruit and keep a championship team these days. This season, for example, they lost their two best offensive lineman to free agency. :(

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 02:09
Friday said:
The main problem the Packers have is that they are the only professional American football team that is owned by a municipality. All the other teams are owned by huge corporations with tons of money.

Of course, I think that's probably part of what makes them so likable. They have a support structure in the community up there that not many other teams can compete with.

Friday said:
The Pack just can't offer the salaries it takes to recruit and keep a championship team these days. This season, for example, they lost their two best offensive lineman to free agency. :(

Not to mention being riddled with injuries. I've been a Packers fan for a long time too, and it's been hard for me to watch. I didn't even watch the game last night because I couldn't stand watching Baltimore beat up on them. :rolleyes:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Packers suck!

Sorry... Chicago law dictates that any resident must react negatively to any mention of the Packers or face a fine. My most humble apologies. :D :p

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Kraj said:
Packers suck!

Sorry... Chicago law dictates that any resident must react negatively to any mention of the Packers or face a fine. My most humble apologies. :D :p

So, when did the Bears last win a Superbowl? :D

Of course, I like the Bears too, and a lot of the other teams from the North and East that have been around forever and have a history. So when they play each other, I have trouble deciding who to root for. The Bears are my husband's team of choice however, and he has already taught Emily to shout "Go Bears" and throw her arms up in the air in touchdown-signal fashion. ;)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
So, when did the Bears last win a Superbowl? :D
1986. I was 7 years old and I can probably name more members off that roster than any current team.

But since when has Chicago fandom ever been based on winning records? (OK, we had the Bulls in the 90s, and the Blackhawks are pretty consistently decent.)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Kraj said:
But since when has Chicago fandom ever been based on winning records? (OK, we had the Bulls in the 90s, and the Blackhawks are pretty consistently decent.)

Point taken. :p I was there in 1996 when the Bulls were still going strong and it was pretty crazy then. I didn't bother to try to get tickets because they were pretty expensive and I don't care that much about basketball. But we did get to go to the United Center and see a Blackhaws game from a skybox that Amoco had, and that was pretty cool. :) I would like to have seen the Bears but I was there from Jan-July so I wasn't there during football season. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom