The Root of Democracy (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 15:14
Maybe she was smart enough to realise that trying to compare her imaginary friend with yours was a waste of her time
I am seeing a commonality among most of you access developers. no belief. I am not saying all of you guys are low quality, but there is a pattern here. when compared with other technologies like .NET, other OOP stuff lingering on the web and the newest and greatest junk like flexbox, grid, web api's and the like, it is common knowledge that working with that stuff is much more difficult than dealing with a simple program like access. perhaps that is relevant here?

and to further than point, I find many more believers in those pools of people who work with the above mentioned platforms than I do in those pools of you guys that work with access. when compared to working with sophisticated platforms, access is extremely simple in nature and doesn't take as much thought to put together viable products because they're so easily constructed. not to mention partially done for you when you start anyway. I'm just saying.... hmmmm.....

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And what you are "just saying" betrays your ignorance of the complexity of Access when you start to delve deeper into the VBA options and Application Objects. The GUI for Access is supposed to be simple because it is an example of a "Rapid Application Development" tool. It ain't supposed to be painstakingly slow and tedious - until you get to the kind of problem that IS inherently slow and tedious.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
"Rapid Application Development" tool.
if you want the truth of the matter Richard, the whole obsession with "rapid application development" is a consequence of the fear that stems from the human mind. futhermore, the entire obsession of the general public with "rapid everything" is a consequence of what they have done over the last few thousands of years that is all coming to a head now. and now they don't know what to do about it. but truth be told, there IS nothing that can be done, because it is a human error that persists and will never go away until the world comes to an end.

but materially speaking, "rapid anything" is best because it allows for many things to come out of it:

=> ignorant people being empowered by allowing easy development of anything software related (essentially, no brain required).
=> soothing the fear that comes from humans about anything materially oriented (for instance, global warming, over population, and any other irrelevant fear that comes from people).
=> an excuse of why they are uncomfortable with concept of God's stillness.

that last point is very important. you may not realize this, but almost every human being is scared $hitless of that. which is why they act the way they do. acquiring money, wealth, fame, recognition, and anything else that is completely irrelevant. this must be why I'm hated by many when I go out in public. it's plain as day. but of course, i don't care one bit. it's to be expected. the world hated Jesus, and thus it hates anybody that obviously knows him in the heart. that can't be hidden, and it's plainly obvious. but until they come to the point of destroying themselves, they won't dare touch me because it is against the law. during the end, there will be no law because they will be in self-destruct mode, and people like me will be killed due to the hatred they have of themselves and what they've done. that is said in scripture, if you didn't know that.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 21:14
Muslims don't wear turbans. Just thought I'd chuck that in.
Col

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Muslims don't wear turbans. Just thought I'd chuck that in.
who does then? rich oil drillers who are also missing the point? head coverings for women is what muslims do, right?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the whole obsession with "rapid application development" is a consequence of the fear

It is a consequence of not being able to afford long, drawn-out development projects because they are too expensive. Anything that makes it cost less to do something useful is a good thing. The fear is that sluggards who are self-taught can't keep up with the people who actually appreciate how to used R.A.D. tools constructively.

an excuse of why they are uncomfortable with concept of God's stillness.

No, they are uncomfortable because it means they have finally realized that the stillness means they don't have the sky-daddy to lean on (and never did), so now they have to face reality. You should try it sometime. It's actually exhilarating once you get accustomed to it.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
The fear is that sluggards who are self-taught can't keep up with the people who actually appreciate how to used R.A.D. tools constructively.
you mean RAD tools developed by that junk company called microsoft? access is fine, but they are so worried about making money, they don't bother to do good stuff like this:

which, I believe at this point, I am going to use for my own website because it requires a lot of content. and that'll be much different than anything you've produced, old man. ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
who does then? rich oil drillers who are also missing the point? head coverings for women is what muslims do, right?
A turban is worn by men of the Sikh religion. Muslim women wear a khimar, a type of scarf covering the head. As you are such an expert on religion, I would have thought you would know that.
Col

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
A turban is worn by men of the Sikh religion. Muslim women wear a khimar, a type of scarf covering the head. As you are such an expert on religion, I would have thought you would know that.
sikh means nothing. Islam also means nothing. That's probably why I'm not an expert in it as you should have thought

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And Adam, you are like the gong banging slowly, meaning nothing.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
If I had access to the dislike button old man, I would've pressed it a million times now because of you. and if I had any interest in black hat work, I would enable it myself, or basically dig into Jon's code to figure out a few other goodies, but since that's not me, I won't attempt it. I wouldn't want to piss off our leader.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
sikh means nothing. Islam also means nothing. That's probably why I'm not an expert in it as you should have thought
That's a terrible thing to say. Totally blinkered and narrow minded.
You should be on good terms with all people, and be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be. I spent some time in the Punjab and met many Sikh people, utterly charming and friendly and polite people. You could learn a lot from them.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
if I DID run into them, I certainly wouldn't be a jerk

Oh, I see... then please tell us what is different here that allows you to be a jerk?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Oh, I see... then please tell us what is different here that allows you to be a jerk?
maybe it's your unwillingness to accept the son into your life? not sure. but then again, I've already said that communication through machines means nothing. heart to heart. soul to soul. after all, he says:
where 2 or more are gathered in my name, there I am among them
he does NOT say:
where 2 or more are gathered in my name through electronic names, there I am among them

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:14
The_Doc_Man said:

maybe it's your unwillingness to accept the son into your life? not sure.
Huh?

source.gif

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
i've always loved nicholson. but i'm pretty sure he's not laughing at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom