The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04
I often wondered if the lead guitarist was influenced by Brian May.
I just looked it up, Rainbow's guitarist was also Argent's guitarist which is six degrees of the great Zombies.

The Rainbow version is the one I am more familiar with now that I have revisited both bands, very cool!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04

Pioneer SX-1980​

In the late '70s, I had a mid-level Kenwood setup that I totally loved. I later changed it out :( for a 4 piece Technics rack combo with pair of '80s Bose 301 bookshelf speakers that I still run today. This Pioneer SX-1980 is a beast.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:04
So...I am riding home this morning and Van Morrison's "Domino" comes on - excellent tune and I crank it to 11 and think to myself there is no better song with as awesome a breakdown (instrumental w/horns) then this...

The next song is Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke" - well played, Sirus XM!

It's a great time to be alive...

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So, who knew that Sammy Hagar wrote and recorded this 3 years BEFORE pretty-boy Rick Springfield? Suck it, Ricky!!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:04
I missed seeing the recent discussion regarding Brian May. However, since this is the "slightly obscure" thread, did you realize that it is actually Doctor Brian May, Ph.D. in astrophysics?

The things that people will do in their spare time....

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:04
I missed seeing the recent discussion regarding Brian May. However, since this is the "slightly obscure" thread, did you realize that it is actually Doctor Brian May, Ph.D. in astrophysics?

The things that people will do in their spare time....
Like Bruce Dickenson, the lead singer from Iron Maiden - flying the band on tour in their own Boeing 747!!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 12:04
I did, but then I have been a HUGE fan of Queen since 1979
Speaking as a long term drummer of various bands since the 1960's, I think Queen drummer Roger Taylor is extremely talented. See him playing 'Let There Be Drums' on YouTube.
Col

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
You were a drummer...I would not have guessed that. Any genre you prefer over the others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom